Art Project With C-Grade Yoyos

If you, theoretically, had 500 or more c-grade yo-yos that you did not intend to sell… what sort of art project would you do to repurpose them?

A coffee table? Some sort of sculpture?

4 Likes

Hypothetically, of course. Right?

:joy:

edit. Sorry, it was “theoretically” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course hypothetically. What kind of psychopath would keep hundreds of unsellable metal disks in their closet for months?

10 Likes

Hypothetically, a coffee table could work if, theoretically, you had 500+ c grade yoyos. Especially, if said theoretical c grades were around 56mm diameter on average, just throwing that number out there. That’d make it consistent.

A strong epoxy should hold them together. Then add a sheet of 3/8" thick lexan to the top to have a smooth surface.

Hypothetically, of course.

I’ll do it.

1 Like

I suppose they could be used to make some candelabras.

2 Likes

Cadence Candelabras

yes

5 Likes

Get the glue out and cover an old car with them!:blue_car:

4 Likes

Make some cool candy holders

3 Likes

Depending on how their cup is shaped, I could use them as utensils (I could use half of a horizon for spoon :spoon:) or candle holders maybe :candle:

3 Likes

i would make a portrait of them with new anos

4 Likes

Someone could tack weld them all together edge to edge cup side out into a big sphere.

3 Likes

Wait how bad does a yo-yo need to be to be classified C grade? Like how bad is it?

2 Likes

Can they be retapped or something? what is the problem with them?

1 Like

We have a little kitchen area with cabinets/drawers in the office. All the handles/knobs are old yo-yo halves.

7 Likes

They’re of varying quality but none of them will ever be sold as anything more than an ashtray or a paper weight. There is some standard to be sold as a b-grade. They do have to spin fine.

5 Likes

I love this. Do you have a photograph?

1 Like

I’ll take a C grade Bliss for $5 plz

3 Likes

This sounds pretty sick.

1 Like

I love this! It reminds me of an old hole in the wall skate shop I used to go to where they used skate equipment in creative ways all over their shop.

2 Likes