C grades, Even Less Perfect, and Fool's Silver

I was just curious, but is this a thing? Are they like rejected rejects? Would they have price cuts on their price cut prices?

1 Like

these are probably trash grades, as what I know from G Squared Yoyos and Yoyofactory (according to one of their latest livestreams on instagram)

2 Likes

Sengoku has B grades and battle grades, which are like A- grade

There’s one or two other companies that do something similar as well but I can’t remember off the top of my head.

I don’t know of any company that’s ever sold “C grade” before tho. I would definitely be down for that but I think company’s fear if they sell C grades that might hurt the reputation of the company

5 Likes

I saw c grades once like years ago for an hspin model, can’t remember the model

1 Like

General yo has (had?) their plus grade, which is basically an A grade but without as much testing for QC or something like that.

1 Like

Yeah so basically B+/A- grades are a thing, C grades are not a thing

2 Likes

c grade is not worth selling, brings the company’s quality expectation down
into the bin it goes

2 Likes

fair enough

It wasn’t marked “F-grade” but had bought a B-grade that probably should have never left the factory rejects. It was at a contest. Foolish me didn’t test it as I trusted it would play great like any other b-grade I bought from them…and didn’t play it til I got home and got a closer look. It was a bimetal and noticed the rings were thin on 1 side and full on the other…lopsided. It wobbled like the 1906 Earthquake…basically felt like I spent money on a bearing and axle.

Haven’t actually heard of anything marketed as less than a B-grade though being sold.

1 Like

dang a lot of my throws end up somewhere on the ritcher scale after a while of “use” :sweat_smile:

G2 Jake actually did J-grades at one point - yoyos his son Jonah had dropped on the floor that had significant cosmetic damage.

4 Likes