Are you sponsored by any yoyo brand?

But you’re very cool nonetheless:)

4 Likes

Yeah but did they officially announce their friendship with you like they did me? I’m #official friend of Mk1 and OP.

3 Likes

Yes i am sponsored by all the companies.

1 Like

I sponsor myself :wink:

7 Likes

still have no idea why im sponsored honestly :smiley:

5 Likes

What if you transcended from sponsorship? :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Who you sponsored by?

1 Like

YoYoFactory

5 Likes

dude your super sick man so I think that’s why

1 Like

He is @Kimmy_YYF on ig

2 Likes

I met him at nats and he’s a really nice guy and a even better yoyoer

2 Likes

Why did you say that you would like to be sponsored and then in the poll said that you would like to stay unsponsored?

1 Like

whait @JWaugh who are you talking too im confused

3 Likes

I think he’s talking about @vlad

3 Likes

Yep, after reading the opinions of other people, I got over())):hugs::grin:

2 Likes

who where you sponsored by

3 Likes

I meant that I changed my mind about being sponsored. Maybe you misunderstood me.
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

It’s a great thing to be in a sponsorship situation which works for you, but if it’s your reason (or even a substantial part of your reason) for yo-yoing, you’ll grow to resent it.

I’ve been really lucky with the companies I’ve been involved with. In time, some have folded. Some I walked away from because I didn’t feel I could rep them with unrestrained enthusiasm. The best sponsorships have ALWAYS been the ones where you’re with in it your friends - it’s like family. And that feeling of “belonging” is as big a reason why players chase sponsorships as the free yo-yo’s and stuff, but it can only happen organically through building relationships/trust/respect. You can’t force it.

Plenty of super-creative players contribute loads to yo-yoing without being sponsored, and plenty of perfectly forgettable players are sponsored. The key is to yo-yo for yourself without compromising your own style, and if/when that draws the right kind of attention, only enter into an agreement with people you believe in. Because every time you throw their yo-yo down, you’re using YOUR practice, time, energy, and voice to support them.

12 Likes

lol i have transcended hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

What does this even mean?

2 Likes