So I have been doing some reading on addictions lately, and I found something quite disturbing. In an article by dr. phil, he listed ten different signs of being an addict…
- Recurrent failure (pattern) to resist impulses.
- Frequently engaging in those behaviors to a greater extent or over a longer period of time than intended.
- Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to stop, reduce or control those behaviors.
- Inordinate amount of time spent in obtaining the object of addiction and/or engaging in or recovering from the behavior.
- Preoccupation with the behavior or preparatory activities.
- Frequently engaging in behavior when expected to fulfill occupational, academic, domestic or social obligations.
- Continuation of the behavior despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent social, academic, financial, psychological or physical problem that is caused or exacerbated by the behavior.
8 ) Need to increase the intensity, frequency, number or risk of behaviors to achieve the desired effect, or diminished effect with continued behaviors at the same level of intensity, frequency, number or risk.
- Giving up or limiting social, occupational or recreational activities because of the behavior.
- Resorting to distress, anxiety, restlessness or violence if unable to engage in the behavior at times.
According to quite a few of those points, I am a yoyo buying/trading Addict.
so here is the question… Are you? And if so do you think we should get some sort of 12 step group thing going, or should we just go buck wild on the b/s/t?