Are there any tricks you were surprised how easily you learned them?

Probably the whip to kamikaze mount, got it down in like 5 tries after watching some Throws N Brews and decided to try it.

Eli Hops, on the other hand, took me months to get down. Now my Eli Hops look pretty nice, like those that you see Dylan Kowalski do, but man did it take absolutely forever.

2 Likes

When it comes to whip tricks I was really surpised when I wanted to learn the 1.5 hook. I did it by watching a video once and I was consistently hitting the trick , that was about 2 years ago Iā€™ve now progressed to a 2.5 hook which Iā€™m still working on

2 Likes

I think the trick I learned in record time was how to explain to my wife my next yo-yo purchase is a mist have item.

This is how I fool her>> First, use he car and take her with me.

Go shopping and buy her a few hundred dollars worth of clothes, etc.

Fill the tank of her car with about a hundred bucks worth of gas.

Then, take her to her favorite Restaurant for a great dinner.

While having dessert, mention to her that there is only 3 yo-yos left in a certain model and colorway.

Then, when we get back home, I go online and order the $50 yoyo.

Sadly, I feel like I am spoiling myself. Because using my amazing method ends up costing me about $450šŸ˜‰ per yo-yoā€¦

6 Likes

Lmao. The perfect plan doesnā€™t exis-ā€¦ā€¦. I stand corrected.

2 Likes

Thats still a pretty cool trick, if I tried it I would wine & dine etc and likely have my wife agree that it is a cool yoyo I am looking at and she understands why its appealing and that I still cant have it.

4 Likes

I know its like the very easiest trick but when i see another person doing rock the baby i thinked it was hard, but when i tried to do it its like the easiest thing to do

3 Likes

If that took you under 20 years to learn, youā€™re doing pretty good.

Beef hook was super easy for me

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been chasing beef hook for 6 months. Never landed it. I have no clue what im doing wrong with this one.

2 Likes

I can try to help you figure it out

Hit the first ever multifarious whip I tried. I missed it like 5 times in a row after but still, that felt fantastic lol. Also when I first tried Eli hops I couldnā€™t get it at all, kept missing the trapeze, was kinda just throwing it in the air and trying to catch it and failing, so I moved on. Kind of forgot about it for a while and when I tried next, crushed it! Control of the direction, hands clapping in between, just normally good. I donā€™t know where I picked it up, but somehow learning something else in between helped that trick click. Really learned a lesson there about how helpful it can be to put tricks aside for a while.

Donā€™t know if this counts as simple, but Iā€™ve been trying to land 1.5 hooks for like two or three months now. At least 5 or 10 mins a day trying to figure it out and I still havenā€™t hit one. Idk why but itā€™s frustrating lol. I can hit the 1.0 hook 9/10 times but the 1.5 has been plaguing me.

I was surprised to learn the slack GT so quick.

2 Likes