Aquarius Review

(Cinimod105) #1

The aquarius is made by Yoyojam.
It has a diameter of 2.94 inches, a width of 1.86 inches, a weight of 75 grams and uses tight gap response.
The pros: It has a sharp shape, so it is easier to do whips and the string can slide into the gap easily. Because of its rubber rims, it has a nice bounce to it when it hits the floor and it does not get dinged easily.
The cons: The tight gap response makes it responsive, so it snags easily, sometimes, it comes back to my hands even when I don’t want it to. And it also gets knots very easily.
As for the spin time, I cannot really conclude yet as the bearing have not broken in yet, so it has quite a short spin time.
I cannot really compare this to other yoyos as this is the only offstring yoyo I have.
Overall, I feel that this is an offstring yoyo to buy and it is worth the money if you like winged-shaped yoyos.

I was just wondering, is the rubber hard like Offstring by YYF? Or is it soft like an eraser?

(Cinimod105) #3

The Aquarius’ rims are said to be made of rubber, but to me, they just feel like soft plastic.

(Cinimod105) #4

It just does not feel as rough as rubber.

mine is coming in the mail here soon cant wait! and i bieleve u can make it less responsive by widing the gap if u diddnt already do that,

(Cinimod105) #6

I tried widening the gap and it still gets knots, although less frequently.

Yeah ive got 1 i love it. ANd yes if u widden the gap it will be less responsive. I think the outside is like a hard rubber not plastic because u can stick something in there if you wanted to. But it deffinately is a good yoyo and the only complaint is longer sleep time but other than that great :wink: