Improved aquarius

(Cinimod105) #1

I was hoping yoyojam would design a new version of Aquarius, with the same features as the original one, but has metal rims, covered with a layer of harf rubber. This might let the yoyo spin longer, and the metal would not be easily dinged. What are your views on this?

(Cinimod105) #2

Sorry, I meant hard rubber.

and when the yo yo snags and hits your knuckles?

If it snags, You soldier on, ya wuss. =)

(JonasK) #5

The rubber rims on the Aquarius give enough rim-weight. Metal will probably make the yoyo easier to break while avoiding a big increase in weight. You will probably get a price-hike as well. Rubber is actually quite heavy and the Aquarius already has a weight of 75 grams.

Well whats wrong with a 100 gram Aquarius? :wink: haha but i don’t think YYJ will actually do this, no one will buy it, bcause of what kevlar said.

The only thing I could thing of, is a 5mm larger gap but I can’t find anything wrong with the spin and/or the body.

(Jesse) #8

That might actually be pretty cool! I’m either getting an aquarius, big yo, or hayabusa today, so I’ll comment back again if I get an aqua.

You know what, thats an excellent idea! They should. Smart one! :wink:

The only improvements I’d make are a slightly larger gap and less grippy rubber (or different rim material).

Soft plastic rims?

Yeah, Something like the BigYo but with more weight.

(Jesse) #13

Yeah, that’s what my problem with the big yo was. Not enough weight so it just came back at the end of the string.

The Agua was only about 2 grams heavier than a bigyo though.

Honestly, The Bigyo IS the improved Aquarius, I think.

Well if you make the gap of the aqua than it wont come back. The aqua has no response To speak of so it needs a tight gap. But I think the metal rimed idea is good and bad. Later.

Keep it spinning™

(JonasK) #16

I actually stumbled over something nice while browsing through euro-yo. Alchemy made some weight rings for the Aquarius some time. I don’t know if you can get them anymore though.

Addment: If they should change the material on the rims, they should just use harder rubber. Less grippy, and more bouncy.

(Cinimod105) #17

How about mantaining the tight gap but using recessed silicone response?