Appropriate Beverage & Yo-Yo Match (w/ recipe)

I looked up the recipe for “The Last Word” cocktail. Looks interesting, but the ingredients cost as much as the yo-yo. In Ohio, the Chartreuse is $65 a bottle.

The Last Word*
3/4 oz. gin
3/4 oz. chartreuse
3/4 oz. maraschino liqueur
3/4 oz. fresh lime juice

Shake with ice and strain. Add brandied cherry.

• drink name corrected.
4 Likes

It does look like it would be worth a try, either at a restaurant/bar or in a state where mini bottles are sold.

I’ll never run out of beverages, but I’m digging deep into my small Yo-Yo collection.

During the prohibition the alcohol was less than desirable so cocktails were created to make them palatable. One drink is the Bee’s Knees which was developed to cover the low quality gin taste. I’m modifying the drink to match my modified Duncan Hornet.

Bee’s Knees

2 oz. Gin
0.5 oz. Lemon Juice
0.5 oz Honey simple syrup
pour over crushed ice. Enjoy with modified Hornet or Bumblebee or Killer Bee or …

9 Likes

I believe this cocktail is called “The Last Word” not “The Last Call”.

Maraschino Liquor can be expensive too, but both it and Green Chartreuse last a long time on the shelf and you tend to only use a little in each drink.

3 Likes

My bad. post corrected. Thanks for the catch.

1 Like

No worries. The Last Word is kind of important as cocktails go. It’s considered the base for a whole genre of cocktails that use 4 ingredients in equal parts, such as the Paper Plane (bourbon, aperol, amaro nonino, and lemon juice) and the Naked and Famous (mezcal, yellow chartreuse, aperol, and lime juice).

1 Like

Uneventful Cloudy Ohio Winter afternoon - Lime Green Duncan Limelight accompanied with a Gin & Tonic between chores.

House G & T
2 oz. Gin
4 oz. Tonic
Ice and a wheel of Lime

10 Likes

Blended Mango Margarita and OG Torrent II

• Espolon Tequila Blanco
  • Cointreau
  • Mango Purée Mix
  • Simple Syrup
  • Ice
  • Splash of lime juice

Tbh I eyeballed the ingredients here so I don’t have exact ratios but if you taste it during the process you can add certain things to taste. Blend it up, enjoy and throw while sipping. :ok_hand:

9 Likes

A naked Rebirth and a Naked and Famous (equal parts mezcal, yellow chartreuse, aperol, and lime juice).

Cheers!

10 Likes

We’ll call this one the “Don’t Drink and Compete” Blended Strawberry Marg

• Espolon Tequila Blanco
  • Cointreau
  • Strawberry Purée Mix
  • Simple Syrup
  • Ice
  • Splash of lime juice
  • Margarita salt
  • Duncan GTR-JS

Once again with these types of drinks I just eyeball the ingredients, so I don’t have ratios for ya - it’s all to taste. But blend that sucker up, salt the rim and enjoy. And while the JS is just begging to be used in a contest, just make sure you stay off stage otherwise you’ll get negative clicks and lose the contest cause this thing is STRONG :joy:

17 Likes

#weekendvibes with the #weekender

15 Likes

Pairing with a good ol zesty lemon CHU-HI alcohol + Blue Golyat yoyo & mint string color.

9 Likes

I suddenly felt the need to create a new drink.

1 oz. Buffalo Trace Wheated Mash
1 oz. Barenjager Honey Liqueur
Over crushed ice

I’m calling the drink - “First Ding

I was multitasking and stepped off the carpet onto the kitchen tile - first throw, new string. My CLYW/YYF x Moonshine is no longer NM status. :cry:

11 Likes

"Before you serve my drink
Please stick it in the fridge

I like cold beverage yah
I like cold beverage yah
I like cold beverage yah". - G. Love

11 Likes

“I’m gettin kinda thirsty!”

1 Like

clockwork-orange-got-milk

18 Likes

As much as I’d like to participate in 2A, this is as close as I can get to throwing down two fireballs.

The Yomega is Circa 1990’s.

16 Likes

The Dunk Rebound is “wine red” but the drink is Ketel One and cranberry.

12 Likes

Kraken and Coke with a wedge of lime.

Funny thing is I only bought the bottle because of the name, turns out it’s pretty good.

15 Likes

Hine Antique with whatever I’m throwing :yum:

1 Like