Appreciating the “Necro”

thats awesome. my two worlds colliding a bit in this one lol

2 Likes

I started paying attention to it a little more and I think what happens a lot of the time is this…you look something up and enjoy it so much you make it all the way to the bottom…there you see a list of related topics, some of which may reach back very, very far into the past. Without really looking at the date on it you say to yourself…Ooo that looks interesting…click, and there you go again. That’s how I think it happens to me. Then I just start liking comments only to realize a little ways in that these comments I’m liking are really old. Because some of the people are still on and active, I tend to just feel like they are current. It’s hard to describe. @codinghorror thank you for your kind words, I’m glad that you shared mine. There is so much pressure on people to do things on their own these days but human history has shown ;and is still showing in some places today, that societies that cling together…where individuals give honest time and thought processes to having an actual concern for others, thrive better. The people live longer and more productive and fulfilling lives. Not too many people on the face of the Earth these days are living in a society where the concerns of the individual are the priority of the whole, nor the concern of the whole the priority of the individual.
On a forum such as this, we have no borders, and the only strife here is what we chose to bring with us. This community has displayed some amazing acts of human decency in the nearly year I’ve been on here, and while no community is perfect, we CAN all feel great about that. I’ve heard many people say that this is the only online community they belong to where these sorts of things could even happen. This provides tremendous emotional support for some people and I feel like we all have a responsibility to add to that rather than subtract from it. That’s partly why I am who I am. So I’ve rambled and I apologize but the bottom line is that I continue to be glad I joined this community.

4 Likes

I’ve been away for a bit. Can someone explain to me what a “necro” is? (Sorry for asking a noobish quesiton).

2 Likes

no worries necro is reviving an old post. specifically an old dead post. something lets say 10 years old that hasn’t been updated in 9 years.

2 Likes

Ah - much thanks! Guess I’m guilty of something I didn’t know had a name.

3 Likes