Apple Watch Damage 😡

Has anyone else fallen victim to the Apple Watch while yoyoing? Twice it’s happened to me now but I still refuse to take off my watch just because I’m throwing. I would need to take it off and put it on 50 times a day if I did that.

4 Likes

Yes, my Snack has a nice ding from my watch, I have the loop band, and the sharp matgnetic clasp did the damage for me.

1 Like

Considering myself lucky thats the only watch thats actually been damaged from the apple watch. I hit it all the time though lol

1 Like

I wear a Garmin Venu 2 24/7 and have hit it a number of times. No damage to watch or throw. I’ll never understand the fragility of Apple products. (I mean I understand if it breaks sooner they make more money, but I like to think that’s not intentional [but it totally is]).

4 Likes

My watch has been hit countless times and only my yoyos have been damaged lol

1 Like

It’s called Planned Obsolescence

Don’t wear a watch or a ring if you care about a yoyo being mint. It’s only a matter of time.

10 Likes

I’ve probably clipped my watch hundreds of times but these were the only two that left marks on both the watch and the yoyo. I don’t think it has anything to do with build quality. It’s a metal object spinning at thousands of RPMs, any glass that gets hit directly is gonna get scratched, apple or not.

Yea planned obsolescence is real and every major tech company is guilty, but it doesn’t have anything to do with yo-yos scratching my watch screen :joy:

3 Likes

Apple almost certainly did not factor yoyos in while making the watch.

5 Likes

Yep agreed. The purpose of this post was to show your watch scarred yoyos and yoyo scarred watches.

2 Likes

Maybe my breakaway game is just weak AF…

2 Likes

Nah maybe your watch is just tougher lol. You triggered the Apple fanboy in me, but I do have to remember that this watch is like 3 years old now and I bought it on Craigslist so it had some scratches on it anyway. Maybe after a few years of taking beatings some kind of coating wore off and now it scratches more easily? I dunno. I’m more upset about the yoyos than the watch lol

I would be too!

My watch has been knicked a few times but last week took a nasty snag to its face from a G2 Project C v3.

It still works thankfully. I have Apple Care but since it’s still functional I figure I’ll wait for the next hit that kills it to pay the deductible for a replacement.

3 Likes

Haha… thanks for confirming why I don’t need a watch of any kind. I’m like this guy, man…

1 Like

I simply stopped wearing a wristwatch. Maybe I’ll get myself a nice stem-winder on a gold chain…

2 Likes

I’ve smacked the face on mine with a counterweight once. I haven’t worn a watch while throwing since lol. Luckily I got away with just a small nick on the display.

6 Likes

Not apple but it happened to me today and made me think of this thread. The Seiko watch is my daily and I totally forgot to take it off. The Pickaxe now has cosmetic damage but honestly im happy. I really dig this little throw and now it will lead a much more interesting life!

5 Likes