Anyone try the Sochi co stuff?

Interested in how their strings/bearings perform. Response pads would be interesting to hear about if anyone has tried those also.

6 Likes

Id also like to know :raising_hand_man:t2:

Particularly string and pads

6 Likes

Now that I’ve decided to move away from flowable, I want to try other pads :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Seems like some hype to me, bearings are kinda expensive (?)

2 Likes

Not sure if they’re Chinese made or not but if they aren’t those are most certainly not expensive

4 Likes

My bad, I’m used to paying Chinese bearing prices :joy:

1 Like

I will say though that even though the owner created the company to provide quality supplies for cheap they aren’t really doing that. $3 for pads aren’t exactly cheap and there’s no bulk option. Like you said the bearings aren’t exactly cheap if you’re competing with Chinese bearings.

If bulk string isn’t boutique poly quality then the value isn’t really there either.

But I’m buying into the hype anyway :man_shrugging: If these will replace the hole irpad left and their strings are better and longer lasting than other bulk polys then that’s good enough for me.

6 Likes

Wait what? I’ve heard good things about IR pad but I really have no idea about them. Can anyone bring me up to speed?

Luckey Li is a monstrous yoyo player, I’m super curious to see what constitutes superior yoyo gear under his standards.

4 Likes

IrPads was the company of Ryosuke Iwasawa (famous japanese yoyo player, sponsored by YoyoRecreation, and known for his insanely difficult laceration tricks, also creator of the widely-famous trick “Iwasawa Tower”).

IrPads were used in all YYR yoyos for a while and also were developed in a lot of sizes, according to an era of yoyoing where 9mm pads were not so standard (back then that size was know as K-pads or Kentaro pads). IrPads were known for being supper grippy and soft, and came in a very soft pink color. The company stopped producing pads as long as i know, and slowly moved out of the spotlight.

7 Likes

Thanks for the history lesson!

oof I don’t know this. YT time!

2 Likes

I got you :wink:

“Iwasawa Tower”, created by Ryosuke Iwasawa, performed by Malcolm “Meowcolm” Chiu.

9 Likes

:scream:

1 Like

Double ewe tee eff.

I’m still watching that trying to figure it out.

been practicing this laceration on and off for the past few weeks, ONE DAY!

2 Likes

This trick is a pain

Haven’t opened up their sting yet but loving their pink response pads in my Y01 Node currently. Nice and grippy.

Definitely let me know when you try the strings. Interested how they compare to bulk poly

1 Like

Picked up a nimbus. Very good.

2 Likes

I’m sponsored by Sochi Co, I think out of all of the products I would recommend the bearings the most. Those are my favorite out of all of the accessories that are offered. The pink pads are also really nice. I would consider the sample pack the best deal offered by the brand if you want to try everything out.

8 Likes