Anyone try the new yoyofficer throws? The Delusion and Effulgence?

Been super interested Effulgence, just looks different for other throws out there. Anyone try either of their new throws?

1 Like

A little late on this, but I just picked up the effulgence on a whim, and it’s really fun. I just got it cause it looked neat and I figured it’d play decently, it could just be me but I really enjoy the way this feels in the hand and on the string, it’s just got a fun character to me but I have no idea if anyone else feels the same.

2 Likes

I looked at it a bunch of times but have too many yoyos I really enjoy right now. It does look very cool though!

1 Like

I got an Effulgence a while ago, mainly because I thought that the shape was interesting. Its rims remind me of the Pdx-Yo Locus, where it looks like it used to have stainless steel rims but they fell off. I know that it’s not a high-end yoyo, but then again it’s not budget-priced either. At any rate, I thought it was surprisingly good. It’s a nice size, and pretty stable. I haven’t dinged it up yet, but I thought that it would be a good one to carry around since it wouldn’t kill me if it got a little beaten up.

1 Like

I picked up a delusion a while ago, and well after a honeymoon period, c3yoyodesign pads, swapped bearing and bulk Auldey string, I can certainly say I’m shocked at how good it is. I’m a relatively low level player so take my review with a bowl of salt, but this thing, despite it’s 64/65 gram (forgot which) weight, it’s incredibly zippy. I’ve had to change and improve my Eli hops since it reacts so fast to my hand movements I don’t have time to pull my hands together to actually allow the yoyo to fly up, making the string slack and hit my hands on the way down lol. Other than that, it’s very forgivingly stable for a mono, so much so that it makes me feel like a good player. Other than the usual things about how it spins powerfully etc. it’s great for a beater yoyo that you can bring anywhere without being too heartbroken when you lose it. Final thing to note is that this thing SQUEAKS when it’s twisted open, so much so I cringe listening to it, so there’s that.