Anyone try the new Catch 22?

Imma let you finish but Guy Wright had the best Catch 22 video of ALL TIME

7 Likes

WOW i haven’t seen this since it came out!!! Over ten years ago! Insane

2 Likes

This video is literally my childhood LMAO… the nostalgia is off the charts every time I watch it.

2 Likes

It sure is.

So the new version is different. My one wish for the og, was to shave a few grams off. I often fantasized about cutting the hubs off to lose a gram. The new version does just that. The original seems to have more weight concentrated in the rims. You can tell there is more mass concentrated in the og rims.That give the og a crazy spin time that the new one doesnt quite meet. The new one appears more stable, which i wouldnt think to be the case.
Overall, i really like the new model and it may dethrone my beloved og. It brings the solidness of the og with the improved speed of the c13. The one part i dont like, is the plastic. Yyf says it reduces friction, but it seems like solving a problem that wasnt there. Its a zero wall. I speculate that there is a story similar to the 888w here.

6 Likes

there was a specific reason for it, the problem was… they notoriously ate string :wink:

We went back and forth on ti rim or whole ti. I feel it got to where we wanted it.

3 Likes

Any plans for an AL C13 2022? Would be hard…

1 Like

nah, but we have some smaller (full weight) hub stack yoyos in the works to fill the gap

2 Likes

Right on! Thanks for clarifying.
Whatever you did, i love it. It takes the design to a place where play can be pushed further. I couldnt move my og as fast as i wanted. The c13 was fast, but wasnt as solid feeling. Seemed unstable at top speed. This one seems to fall in the sweet spot.
My dislike of the plastic is purely esthetic.

3 Likes