Yoyorecreation Skyfish

Can anyone give their thoughts on the playability of this yoyo and maybe compare to another YYR?

1 Like

I’m curious about the Skyfish also.

1 Like

yea, i dont think its as popular as something like overdrive draupnir etc. actually curious about bae and tone too hahaha

1 Like

I haven’t tried the production Bae (mine is actually out for delivery today though so I’ll come back and update) but if it’s close to the Toru 0.99 proto then it’s a really great throw. The Tone I expected to be more like the Inevitable but it actually plays pretty differently. Plays a lot lighter and faster but still just as stable, though a bit less power (not that it’s lacking power by any means); it is also a very, very nice yo-yo.

1 Like

have u tried horizontal with them? if yes can u give any impressions?

only partly related but is YYR still making any main label throws in japan or are they only making AE china stuff now? seems like its been forever since ive seen anything not Chinese. I would kill for a slepnir restock.

based on my observations mostly they released china made runs from mono to bi metal until now and not made by tokai azumi techno (the previous manufacturer of draupnir, sleipnir etc in japan) except the FYFO lineups are made from onedrop oregon, not that its bad or anything but they also ditched the AE stamp on the packaging amd engravings.

1 Like

Bae fkin rocks guys. Definitely outplays the previous protos

1 Like

Skyfish is amazing. It’s so light and fast with a little float to it and is powerful and stable as can be. The power is a little hidden on the throw from the sense of floatiness, but it comes out when you bind after a long combo and it just snaps back to your hand. Even at low rpms. Binds are immaculate. Def snag a Skyfish if you’re in the fence. I’ve got one for sale nm glass smooth for $130 shipped. Only reason I’m selling it is bc my Motion kinetic beats it out right in performance and feel.

2 Likes

What color is it, Bjorn?

1 Like

The Skyfish is a great yo-yo. It is fast and as said above; has a wicked spin-time. I agree with the comments from Bjorn above.

YYR has tried, with varying success, to create a yo-yo where the rims are larger-diameter than the inner shape. These features are seen on the Valkyrie. With the Skyfish, YYR seems to have found its solution in rims with a sharp inner lip. This gives the Skyfish more power as well as speed and float that is better than most of the already phenomenal YYR models.

It’s a blue boi

Sorry for the late post I’m bad about getting n the forums haha

2 Likes