Anyone try the new Catch 22?

Extra points if you can accurately compare it to the original!

5 Likes

I have not played the original. I’ve got the new one and it’s superb. So stable and feels so nice in the hand. Goes for days.

3 Likes

Lol I’ve been checking to see how these have been selling. So far just one of the 30 they had in stock. Now I’m wondering what kind of deal YYE and YYF have for YoYos that don’t sell.

It looks interesting and I’d be very curious to try one but 420$ for it just feels way too steep.

3 Likes

Ti yoyos seem to be getting more and more expensive. The ti peak sold for 300ish while the alpine sells for 340.
The rso ti end sells for 380.
I used to think that ti yoyos are 300$ but they are going on 400 now.

3 Likes

The 2020s have been rough on supply chain, especially on rare earth metals.

I work for a loudspeaker manufacturer and Neodymium and Ferrite prices (magnet materials) have SKYROCKETED (read 300% increases or more in the last 2 years). Its been absolute insanity.

6 Likes

I’d assume in this case a big part of the price was the packaging. Those pelican cases must add up.

Maybe they could have offered half the run with the case and stuff and half of it barebones at 340$Ish

4 Likes

What!!!
Thet remade my yoyo!!!
Ggggddcvjjugg

2 Likes

it’s $60 cheaper than the original :joy:

10 Likes

Well, yye has sold another now.
The c22 has been my favorite yoyo since it was released.
To help advertise its awesomeness, i will be offering 5 free dizzodizings to the new c22.

11 Likes

The original was made 10 or more years ago AND came with stacks :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You…. Know I really like your ano work…

And, I know you have always liked the Catch 22 because you bought mine, lol.

And…… I think it’s very generous to offer 5 folks free anodizing for their Catch 22 yo-yos.

But honestly, all joking aside(very difficult to not find low grade humorous remarks in just about anything)(but I can be serious for fleeting moments)(here goes nothing>).

The New Catch 22 is a Masterful, Stupendous and Stunning upgrade to the Original Catch 22.

The Original Catch was a Vision of where metal might be going. It was/is a functional concept that Ben and Yohans were compelled to produce to see how people could wrap their heads around the ‘Factor’. Something like nothing else that might allow yo-yo players to defragment their performance mindsets and recognize there is no end to forward thinking in yo-yo designs.

Here we are, years later with this New itineration of what was an Instant Classic.

Not to take away from the original. But built by considering every aspect of the original and fine tuning the New Catch 22 to validate the original concept in this work of art and Science.

The New Catch 22 is: beautiful, powerful, highly functional with a modern attitude and even ‘less’ expensive than the original from ‘many’ years ago.

I think it looks GREAT in the raw state.

No ano needed.

Amazing effort by Yoyofactory…

Buy 2…

6 Likes

Does anyone know what kind of sting came with it? I like it a lot!

Has anyone else noticed too, that finger grinds are NICE! Maybe its the POM but this is really the first raw Ti that finger spins worked well for me.

GLASSSSSSS SMOOOOTTH!!!

3 Likes

A special blend of Zipline

https://www.instagram.com/p/CahdE0jFWnI/?utm_medium=copy_link

4 Likes

The original came with this random grey string. Zip line graciously created a string for the modern version that was actually engineered to work for it.

6 Likes

Darn, I just placed a Zipline order.

Brings a tear to my eye…

12 Likes

So what do you think of it compared to the og?

1 Like

This isn’t a review, but for perspective, think of it this way.>

Remove any emotion from the equation.

Forget any theories you may have heard from most 2centers that never even had or tried the original.

Base a probability view specifically focused on the old and the new.

The same guys that designed the original many years ago, have had ‘years’ to consider what to alter if they eventually decided to come out with a New Catch 22.

The designers both know their way around anything ‘yoyo design related’ and had/have zero interest in going to the time, trouble and effort to end up releasing a ‘New something’ that not better than the ‘Old Something’.

Logic dictates that the fact this New 22 is now in the Wild, it only identifies it is better in every way.

It even costs less retail ‘now’ than the original cost years ago.

The original 22 was good…. The New 22 is even better.

Catch one……

The specs, price point, etc., aren’t for everyone.

But it is a very solid upgrade to the Original design.

Dizzo knows…… that is why he is so happy, lol

4 Likes

Is that a Catch 13 in the back?

It is awesome…plays far better than the original and the catch 13. Serious power and smooth!

2 Likes