Anyone tried a Lowkey throw?

Just wondering if anyone has tried one, and what they thought of them.

Looks wise, they’re gorgeous!

1 Like

Not sure what to think. Their website rubs me the wrong way. I can’t put my finger on it, there’s something I don’t like. Also, the IG (only one I checked) seemed to position their yo-yos as marketing tools at least as much as skill toys. Not I’d expect from a “hardcore” yoyo company. Just my skeptical two cents. They do list dimensions, I’ll give them that much. Usually if it’s a sketchball company they won’t even do that.
Edit: after looking a little more, I think it’s the laser engraving that’s hanging me up. Having worked in sales and marketing for a while now, whenever I see “we offer laser engraving” I automatically roll my eyes and assume it’s cheap giveaway junk. I think the engraving could be cool if it’s offered to individual yo-yos and not limited to bulk orders. If it’s the latter, back to eye rolling. It just kinda seems like they’re going to fall into a gray area of “not really marketing junk” but not appealing to the core player

1 Like

I have one, the wide string trick model, the Arbor.

It plays pretty good. It’s round and a bit wider step off the gap than you’d expect for an organic design. Sort of like a wider Recess First Base. There isn’t much rim weight comparatively, on account of the wooden inserts. It plays smooth but you gotta be either quick or accurate before it runs out of power.

The finish is good, and it looks amazing on the shelf. If you love the look go for it, but I’d never bring it to a competition or try to learn a new trick on it. I bring it out now and again to make sure I can run my well-rehearsed tricks through it.

Their customer service is very good and responsive, by the way. The first one I got wobbled, and they replaced it right away.

3 Likes

Very interested in what people that own them think as well. They are beautiful.

1 Like

So my interpretation of that is that it’s basically a display case yoyo that’s reasonably functional.
Not knocking your description at all. Honestly I think it’s a good description and it’s cool that you were honest about it.

2 Likes

Yeah, really, if you want a well playing yoyo there are better options elsewhere at that price. But nothing else looks like it. I’m happy to have it.

1 Like

Hi there! Feel free to check out reviews by G2 Nate and Tokyoyo, below:
Woodland: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiGsZoVDT7A
Arbor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btFiyBTMA0o

We’re definitely not marketing ourselves as an ultra performance brand with the Arbor and Woodland, but more as an aesthetically pleasing, unique throw that will perform well-enough for most situations and always look great! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. There are 100+ Arbors and Woodlands out there and the feedback has been super positive so far.

5 Likes

Thanks for your concerns! I’d agree that we’re not a hardcore yoyo company. We use our laser cutter to fabricate the wood inlays, so engraving is a byproduct of that. We had a lot of people reach out for custom engraving, so we offer it as a service to fill that void.

I work hard to be a value-added member of the community and would encourage you to interact with us to get a feel for who Lowkey Throws is from a personal perspective. Let me know if I can answer any questions or address any concerns you have moving forward!

Edit: Removed misinterpretation

2 Likes

I think Mark hit it right on the head! Perfectly accurate, and thanks again for the order!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply but I think you misread the comment.

It was misread, my apologies! I removed the misinterpreted response. Thanks!

1 Like