LowKey Throws Arbor V2

I just wanted to pipe in with a recent acquisition of mine…the Arbor V2 by Lowkey Throws.

Lowkey has been on here before, but I wanted to give a quick review of the new version. I’ve got three (now) of their yoyos, and frankly I’m enamored with all of them.

The Arbor, which I have in gunmetal with mahogany wood, is just a slick little yoyo. Never something I would consider to be “competition” worthy, but man…this is a yoyo that I want to pull out to just chiiiiiiiillllllllll. I imagine that it belongs in a rich smoking room/personal library…a wood fire burning, and a glass of warm brandy on the mantle.

This is a yoyo with class…and it starts right out of the box with the packaging!

The Arbor V2 is a bit more sporty in nature, since the wood inserts are outfitted with repurposed skate deck pieces, but the aesthetic is much the same as the first version.

One notable change is the addition of an aluminum ring set into the outer rim, which does actually go a long way towards correcting a “characteristic” (I won’t call it a fault) of the original, which was that it was somewhat lightly weighted on the rims, which meant that it was susceptible to tilt if you weren’t very accurate with your string tricks. The Arbor V2 is a bit more forgiving in that regard, and may have just a BIT more stability than it’s predecessor.

All in all I would say that if you liked the Arbor, you’ll enjoy the Arbor V2 just as much. This is a yoyo that is designed to look VERY classy. The slight organic form factor makes it very comfortable, and the natural wood feel against the blasted finish is just lovely to hold.

For anyone looking for a yoyo that is distinctly unique in a field of yoyos that are increasingly similar…this is the one for you.

Shout out as well to it’s little cousin the Woodland, which is just a great everyday carry style responsive trickster.

I love these things!

10 Likes

Lowkey makes some beautiful throws. I have one that my girlfriend got me as an anniversary present thats engraved

5 Likes

Agreed! They’re a light in a world of very similar yoyos. Not putting down other brands, but I genuinely appreciate the unique take from them.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words! I’m glad you’re enjoying the throws so much. I have a fantastic time designing and fabricating them!

6 Likes

Do you hand make the wooden parts that fit into your yoyos?

2 Likes

I buy the wood to specific thicknesses and do all the laser cutting, laser engraving, installation, and finishing myself.

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment! We haven’t sold anything through Yoyoexpert yet, but we have been in communication on a couple ideas. Unfortunately, nothing has come to fruition. I make sure to only reply to posts and questions, and make an effort not to shove marketing down anyone’s throat on any platform!

2 Likes

It’s all good! I make these just for fun, not for profit :slight_smile:

1 Like

A couple posts and replies removed. You know who you are lol.

1 Like