Anyone recognize this string?

Someone asked me what string I use on the RBC, and I went to check and I don’t remember what I put on it. Whatever it is, I don’t think I have any more of it, but it is a pretty nice match (talking about response, though the color is a decent match as well). Not sweating too hard about it, I’m sure any normal weight string will be fine, but in case anyone knows, I’d be grateful if you’d clue me in.

It’s pretty tightly wound. Feels softer than Kitty or OT. Thinner than Alphaline I think.

Possibilities: Legit or maybe something random someone included with a BST throw.

5 Likes

It’s definitely a poly/nylon hybrid. I used to really like Zipline Smoothie blends, and yours kind of looks like those did.

6 Likes

It looks like a poly/nylon blend, if that helps. Zipline? good luck.

3 Likes

Jinx
@mable

4 Likes

Legit string is tightly wound and from looking at would be my guess. My favorite

2 Likes

The mango Smoothie by Zipline has orange and yellow, but also has white. Doesn’t quite look like this one.

1 Like

I have some Snakebite strings that look like that.

2 Likes

I don’t think that zipline smoothie. I’ve only tried one legit string, but that was my first guess.

2 Likes

Could it be this?

Or some other YYSL?

My first thought was YYSL as well from the colorway, Ka-pow or maybe Venom? They’re both thinner than Alphaline.

Ivan

It’s not venom or plutonium. That fuzzy bit behind the knot is nylon thread. It could be nytro+, but I’ve never tried it.

2 Likes

Heres orange legit string. The shade of orange doesnt look the same. But sometimes he can have different shades or if its the light or filter idk

1 Like

I don’t think it would be Nytro as Nytro is a thick string. I didn’t know the fuzzy bit was Nylon content, learned something new!

Ivan

2 Likes

Ah, yea I didn’t notice the fluffy bit. Definitely some nylon in there.

Here’s some “mighty mango” zipline smoothie string.

2 Likes

Zipline is a possibility, but I’ve never bought that color zipline so maybe it came from someone else. The color is pink, not orange btw. Too thin for anything YYSL imho. Thanks for all the answers.

While I have no experience in identifying a string. It does look like the rcs sochi sunset string that I have. Funny enough that is also what is on my RBC.

It could be something from RCS because they always seems to include a bunch of mixed sample string with their orders (or in the bag with the throw from YYE). It’s not sunset though. The photo has bad lighting but it’s pink and white.

Here is a pic I snapped of a new string. My lighting looks way more white than yours, so the colors don’t match as well. RCS should have some pictures on their site too. If a different kind of picture is wanted then please be specific and I’ll try to accommodate if I have more time.

Also if it is of any help that sochi string is thinner with like 9 thread count.

Sorry I missed this earlier. It’s not YoYoStringLab.

1 Like