Anyone listen to hardcore, pop-punk?

Is it the compilation with the white and green background with the “man with moustache” in the front? I think I have that compilation, this one:

OMG THIS FIRST TRACK YOU SENT, also in Reveille the guitar literally blew me off, I think I heard their name at least once but never have listened anything for sure, I love them, like also the voices how intertwine between each other, from 0:58 to 1:50 amazing guitar riffs, that’s what I expect from skramz holy god, also amazing drum.

In 4 shots the part at 3:09 damn that voice and guitar, this band is so powerful

If I do not find anything online I will download from youtube, this is insane, so angry!

I need to read the lyrics because I am curious now, I am liking every track to be honest.

As we are in this “emo violence” mood than I keep the trend, today my recommendation are Ampere an amazing band that I keep with me from ages, I have in vinyl this album that I am recommending and still is one of the album that shaped my taste in this music.

@chrisfrancz I usually listen only Italian hardcore as it is “in line” with that I know and can complain about :joy: I love your post and mostly Marginal Man, if I can I share with you one of my favourite Italian punk hardcore album, la Crisi other than be quite politic in some way they did a lot of poetic lyrics, like this one that I am sending now:

1 Like

Yes, exactly. The Connections Part 1 Split is also really great. I also have both on vinyl. The cover art on both is amazing.

I‘m really happy that you dig those recent recommendations that much. I take great joy in sharing those awesome and inspiring bands, getting to know some new amazing bands and delving into great memories of bands I almost forgot about.

Yeah, Ampere seems to be the GOAT in that particular sub-genre. ‚Like Shadows‘ is sheer power from start to finish with some beautiful melodies sprinkled in at times. They also have the greatest 9 seconds Song of all time (imo) an there…

Today I want to stray away from the ultra fierce that being Emo-Violence to something that is pure beauty in my opinion. It‘s still Screamo and really special to me. It’s one of those bands I only very rarely listen to because I want to keep their music special for me. I also can‘t do anything besides listening to their record because I‘m always so overwhelmed with their sound. I have to sit down, put on their vinyls and concentrate from start to finish.
It‘s a band from the UK. Dundee to be exact. Their name is Kaddish and to my knowledge they aren’t that well-known. But since you are living in the UK and your are a Screamo enthusiast I‘m pretty sure you know about them.
My favorite song is ‚Cold Words, No Poem‘ from their album ‚Thick Letters to Friends‘…

Here‘s the whole album…

1 Like

Yes I am really appreciating the emo violence recommendations is always something in line which what I like before, also I am again listening much more screamo recently cause this topic ahhahah feels back in the old days!

I knew Kaddish, found them in a fb group about uk skramz and I like them too, the instrumentals are always brilliant and quite modern in style (also as you can see I am someone that listen more at the instrumental than the voice) while I pretty much always met people invested in lyrics and voice.

I wanted to share a band today but I do not exactly remember how to spell it (as the name wasn’t really original but great music a mix of emo and screamo) and is hard to find on youtube, I have to look at home later.

So today I share another great band from France “Mihai Edrisch”, you can really hear where they come from as they share some similarities with the classic french school sound in the genre which I think is something that only they can do like that.
Every their album is a favourite album for me, it has a whole amazing atmosphere, crazy sad guitar riff and vocals and it feels really complete, a full punch in the stomach and in the heart, I usually like to listen all of it in one go without never skip/stop.
To be fair all their albums I listen them complete as I like all the tracks in every album.

I knew them long ago with the piece “Les arbres”, which is the closing piece of the first album attached here a very nostalgic and beautiful mix of 2 acoustic guitars and a bittersweet melody.

I think all the album they did are so amazing, they really have the power to bring me somewhere else.

I share also this one that I believe should be a very classic of skramz music.

Hey Hey,

sorry for the delay but now the flu got me in it’s iron grip.

Man, ‚Les Arbres‘ really feels haunting and sad at once. A very emotionally loaded piece. I always found their album cover artwork very intriguing but to be honest Mihai Edrisch never really clicked with me which seems pretty weird to me because all the pieces I enjoy in Screamo are evidently there :thinking:
I actually have a couple of bands like Mihai Edrisch which are playing beautiful melodies, have piercing screams, great drumming and I listen to them once in a while and also their whole albums but somehow the final spark is missing. Amanda Woodward is also such a band to me.
It‘s sad actually because somehow I would really like to enjoy them more (if that makes any sense).

For today I again want to stray away from the classic Screamo just a little bit. It‘s not that I ran out of bands to suggest :grin: but todays band is special to me because they where sort of the gateway into Screamo for me. I was very much into Emotional Hardcore and Bands like Shai Hulud, Saving Throw and Endzweck from Japan. Someday I came across the band Taken and they totally blew me away…skill-wise, creativity-wise and especially emotionally. The singers screams where like you have them in Screamo and also their instrumental section was very varied, melodic and emotionally driven. Melodies like you‘d find them in Post-Rock and very skillful, progressiv and unconventional drumming. I started searching for similar bands and that’s when I delved deeper and deeper into the Screamo sub-genre.
Here are some songs I‘d recommend to get started with their discography…

2 Likes

Washington, DC 1985

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Wow, Squirrel Bait is killer! The first song right away is my favorite track. I wish I had known about this band as a teenager.

1 Like

@Albertino
Here’s a Screamo band from California I do like very much. They remind me of Funeral Diner on albums like ‚Underdark‘.

You posted some of my fav, great post!

Finally back (again) from a very horrible sick week I had and now I am alive, omg this winter has no love for me!

I am listening “A company of heroes” great sound, I am pretty sure I didn’t knew them and omg Funeral diner was another band that I had probably forgotten in the back of my mind.

So let’s start to post again, today The Spirit of Versailles is my sharing band from the USA, as always they band and disband in around 3/4 years (weirdly common for this type of music), a very classic powerful sound and lyrics, also I seen them considered quite legends in the genre, thinking about the years for when this music was written I can imagine why, I have this album in my collection still randomly found on a distro and bought cause I like the band name, lmao I think most of the music I know I accessed it in this random way

@Albertino
Happy to hear you are doing better.

Yeah, Spirit of Versailles is definitely up there in that Screamo Hall of Fame. I always liked their instrumental section and the lyrics but unfortunately I somehow could never get used to the singers voice. I usually like it rough and gritty but his screaming leans towards a Black Metal-ish style but isn’t quite there in my opinion. So it doesn’t quite click with me.

Today I wanna stay in California with the band Knumears. They are also playing a style in the vein of Funeral Diner (with a little bit of Catena Collapse mixed in) leaning heavy on the Emo side of things. I appreciate them very much and the way the singer delivers his part I can totally believe and feel it. Favorite song:

Also what did you think of Taken?

Oh man, that gave me major flash backs to listening to Poison The Well on my iPod shuffle.

1 Like

Woah right…Poison the Well! Such a great band. Thanks for the reminder. Totally forgot about them although they were such an influential band. Screamo style Hardcore before the term Screamo even became popular. Thanks for mentioning them here. Now I know what I‘ll be listening the rest of the day :grin:

1 Like

The recent song i made id say is pop punk🤘🏼

If anyone wants to take listen heres the link

Maximum the Hormone - Alien

2 Likes

2 Likes

Some Screamo, some Punk, lots of beauty…

1 Like

Another Breath - Diesel and Gunpowder

„When things are at their worst try hard to remember: This struggle we must all endure is a test of strength; a lesson in appreciation. No one said this would be easy. What good’s a fight you’re guaranteed to win? Those bad days, those fu**ing evil days define the days we live for. I must remember that darkness is the canvas where light will paint a dawn“

1 Like