Anyone know what happened to Yotricks

I used to watch Yotricks tutorials alot when I first started yoyoing until I found out that other channels taught more advanced tricks that I was interested in. I checked back on Yotricks recently and they haven’t posted in like a year. Anyone know what happened to them?

6 Likes

Are they more focused on Discord at this point? I’m not on there a lot but seemed like plenty of activity last I checked.

I progressed just as you…. Learned from the “first 50”, handful of other tuts and then found YYE and the internet. I did thoroughly enjoy their trick tracker!!

3 Likes

Yotricks gave the discord back to the community earlier this year. Haven’t seen many drops on yo tricks. Probably just busy and life outside of yoyo is taking priority.

Haven’t seen much other than the lack of activity from that site so far

1 Like

I really love the app where you can watch videos and make a list of the tricks you want to learn and the ones you already know. It is really good and i hope the will continue to work on all that.

6 Likes

I enjoy the ■■■■■■■■■■ site, especially their instructional videos. I have watched some of their videos over and over trying to get a technique correct.

They are very beneficial to the community and have patronized their store a number of times.

Jeff

PS. It is adversarial that this expert forum redacts the name of another site that does so much for the community. Shameful!

1 Like

I mean it’s direst competition it kind of makes sense

1 Like

Yo tricks is a competing retailer, one of the rules of this forum is to not post competing websites.

1 Like

I get it. I didn’t link to the unmentionable website. I just mentioned that they were a good company and provide excellent training videos. The name of the company is mostly in the title of the thread, btw. A good resource is good for the yoyo community and GROWS the community making it better for everyone. This is verified by marketing research. Ever wonder why multiple car dealerships cluster in the same areas of a city? It is because it increases every dealer’s revenue.

I have purchased dozens of throws from this expert forum in the last three years. I have one in transit as I write this thread. Due to this policy, I will no longer purchase yoyos here. I will go to the unmentionable company instead.

YMMV

Many yoyo forums have had this same sort of rule for as long as forums have been a thing.
It’s not a gatekeeping strategy or anything with ill intentions. Yye does so much to grow the community and it almost comes across as disrespectful what you are insinuating.
Your choice, but YYE will not be hurting by having one person discontinue purchasing from their store. It only hurts you in the end for denying access to many exclusive yoyos and YYE customer service for yourself.

C̸̻̎̂͑͝͠ ̶̱̱̭̈́̅͋͋̈́H̷̛̝̱͚̜̽̒̈̈́̃̆̆͝ ̵̟̪̐̓̏͒̈́̌͘͠Ø̴̩̇̇͑͋͋̌͜͝ ̶̹͙̯̩͗̍|̴̬̥̆͑̍̎͌͘͠ ̴̨̝̗͉̬̥͊̌̽͐͐̈́̾̕¢̸̨̛̛͇̹̣̎͊̈́̽̿͘ ̷̛͇͔̽͊̂̾̃̏͠€̴͚̣͉̤̏̀̈̂̌͝ ̵̡̨͉̯͚̯̤͉̥̭͒͒͊§̸̢͎̹̪͓̪̈̍̐̃͘͝͝ͅ

8 Likes

If purchased here on the forum, YoyoExpert does not benefit from this.

To me it is honorable that a company provides a “Free Space” for this to occur. Especially with no benefit to themselves.

Supporting the “Host” with patreonage by purchasing from their site, keeps this available.

I dont think it is unreasonable for them to ask that we dont post to other stores.

3 Likes

The benefits of this forum are probably the main reason I buy from YYE when I do get new yoyos. It only seems fair to support the host of this great forum they provide for free, as you said. (I know the aforementioned competitor has a Discord, but Discord’s privacy policies are awful).

I do find the Level Up trick ladder to be one of the most - if not the most - helpful resources to my yoyoing experience. (At least I give them some support through ad venue, which I figure is well earned). I love the classic André Boulay tutorials: I likely never would’ve started throwing without them. Unfortunately, a lot of the updated ones listed on YYE seem to have broken links.

3 Likes