Anyone know how concert seats/sections work?

I’m going to the twenty one pilots concert at Hersheypark Stadium on June 19th, and it will be the first concert I’ve been to. My ticket is for the section GA04 which is in the grandstands. A girl in one of my classes told me she’s going too and she said she’ll be standing on the field in front of the stage. I’m not sure what section her ticket says, but she said that for most concerts usually once you’re inside the stadium you can sit or stand wherever you want. Is that really how it works? Obviously that’s not how it’s supposed to be but does it happen like that at all concerts? I’m not exactly happy with the section I’m supposed to be in and I’d like to be with her so I’m at least with someone I know, so I’d like to be in the on-field standing area if possible. Here’s a picture of the stadium’s layout.

At events I’ve been to the ushers will initially point you in the direction of the seats your ticket says and only let you into that area. Once things start and people start wandering off for snacks and bathrooms it seems they do not check your tickets when you come back. So you may be able to wander into the standing area. Generally for seating you can try for different seats and probably get away with it if no one has tickets for those seats.

1 Like

I was thinking of trying to get tickets to see them too!

1 Like

Ive been to several hundred shows in my time. Enough to know that if you have “grandstand” seats, and you want to be in GA (general Admission - ie floor) you will have a hard time.

Going from the floor to a random empty seat is one thing, or even from one seat to another (assuming the owner doesnt come back or the ticket didnt sell). The guards dont care at all if you go OUT from the floor, but their job is to keep ALL the seat ticket holders OUT of the floor and in the seating area.

There will likely be 2 entrances, one for the floor, and one for all the seats. Floor gets a specal wrist band most of the time to tell easily at a glance if you belong or not. And if you dont you could esily be ejected from premises and youll miss the show. (ive had friends get the boot for this very same thing, they tried to jump the rail and disappear into the crowd, it didnt work)

Could you imagine the horror if ever seat holder bum rushed the floor?

If you REALLY want to be on the floor, buy another ticket thats one the floor, or if they are sold out, pay out the wazoo for a scalped one the night of the show. There will be TONs of people and A holes selling tickets to the show that night. Maybe you can “trade” your old ticket to a scalper for a new one on the floor, but expect to lose some money in the transaction.

I do not advise to skip sections tho. Ive seen the loss on my friends faces after the show asking us how it was cause they got caught…

1 Like

^ Support your band and pay the right price for what you want.

1 Like

I absolutely would, especially because the floor GA tickets are only $10 more, but my ticket was a gift so there isn’t much I can do. I’ll most likely just stay where I’m supposed to be and then get better tickets for future concerts. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 Like

Check StubHub to see whats available. You might be able to sell yours :wink:

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I can’t believe I didn’t think of that haha. I’m not technically getting the ticket until Christmas so I’ll have to wait until then. But I’ll look into it then and see how it goes.