Anyone heard from Abner Jones in the last twenty years?

Back in the ES days. There was an older gentleman. Abner Jones was his name. Dude was good as gold and was so great.

He took me to indy states in 2009 after me driving to Kentucky to meet him and he gave me this version of yo-yo

I just replaced it thinking about the old man and I was curious if anyone has heard from him.

9 Likes

I spent a lot of time on ES but don’t recall that name. Did he have a board name?

2 Likes

I can’t recall his forum name but omg thats a name I haven’t heard for a long time! He was super active on ES and had one of those trusted badges too.
Very chill dude and even sent me some kites for free one time when he found out I was into them.
OG ditch down crew, hope he’s doing well these days

2 Likes

Another awesome old timer I think about is @oldedges

Says he hasn’t been around in years, maybe the ping will reach him

2 Likes

I do not remember, I am sorry. Its been so long but he was a trusted member of the community.

Looking back on it I met him in Nashville in 08ish -2010ish and we stayed in contact until 2014ish. I messaged him on twitter a few years ago when I had my first son to tell him I loved him and missed him and messaged some of the older ditch down crew members but he has been a ghost. I think of him often. He was a good influence for me and was a great role model. I miss him for sure.

Also. you described him perfectly here.

This is what he was about and his actions proved it. He was all about helping others. We went to Moyo together as well.

yall help me find my kids grandpa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

I did many of deals with Oldedges back in the day. hope he is well. Miss a bunch of people that used to chill with us.

But I think of Abner pretty often.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/abnerairedale

1 Like

Me and Abner have reunited :heart::heart:

3 Likes