Thanks Durfee!

@Durfee is the oldest still contributing forum member, 11 years as of today. He took some time off from the forum (a few years) but I always looked forward to reading his posts back then and still do today. I’m really glad you made it back friend. Thanks for all the great opinion and advice over the last decade+. :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

34 Likes

Thanks dude I really appreciate it. Definitely would not have expected I’m the oldest member still around.

23 Likes

Congratulations @Durfee! Thank you for coming back and, for not being shy about sharing your thoughts and for seeking debate and discussion. It is nice to see that there are still people who realize that while we may not always see things the same, that doesn’t mean either of us are bad people.

11 Likes

Thats pretty cool @Durfee

7 Likes

Someone give this guy an ultra dedication award or something…

7 Likes

Congrats Durfee! Im right behind you haha.

7 Likes

Wow, I hadn’t realized you were so old!!…such a long time member of these forums!

Much respect man, and happy slice of cake day! hehe

4 Likes

Thanks @vegabomb @twitch77 @French @Jhonaker @CaptainFancypants @hobbygod

Wanted to say more before but i was working. I know it might sound a little over the top but the yo-yo forums and the people that used them were incredibly important to me while going through chemo and either being at the hospital or at home too sick to go to school. They were an important source of social interaction at times when the only people I had to talk to were the nurses and whichever family member was staying with me.

It might be lame to some people but I have some good memories associated with both the online and in person yo-yo community. Almost everyone I’ve encountered seems like a great person.

19 Likes

Much respect to you @Durfee Here’s to you getting more blessings life has to offer, and living it to the fullest. Cheers!

3 Likes

Those people need to be kicked in the shin! >:(

6 Likes

Not lame at all dude. I have some fond memories from back when I broke my ankle, had it surgically repaired, and the only real interaction I had with friends was on an online forum. I still keep in touch with a few of them today, and it’s been 11 years now.

Love your input here. Keep up the dissidence, I love to see people who aren’t part of the group think and willing to speak their opinion (not that you are always in disagreement, but I appreciate that you don’t keep your mouth shut when you dont agree).

4 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed your posts, both here and on TheYo.
Thanks for coming around. :wink:

3 Likes

Definitely not lame. I got into the forum and really back into throwing not that long ago, but since I have the community has been amazing.

4 Likes

Are you still alive? I just learned that you had cancer and that you beat it but you stopped posting 2 years ago. I hope you’re doing well.