anyone else notice this or is it just me?

I would have thought H would be more stable than V… within the same limits (self-stabilizing?) described above.

Me either.

I don’t think playing quickly is a thing you can or cannot do. I think going fast is a developed skill that you gain through practice. The people who prefere to play in a more laid back style play that way because they like it not because they couldn’t do it the other way. If they are a proficient player they could play in any way they want, but decide to throw in the method that is the most comfortable and creative to them.

1 Like

It’s easy to imagine someone who CAN play fast and just doesn’t. Especially people who are more into making videos to share rather than competing on stage… there are no points to accumulate, so less reason to bother going at breakneck speed. Some stylistic elements simply cannot go “faster”. A flowing loop with a string of a given density cannot be made to go faster or slower than its optimal speed. The right speed for the perfect loop is the right speed for the perfect loop and that’s it.

And y’know… maybe it’s true that some players “can’t” go super-fast… because they’ve never been interested in pushing that boundary the way a competitive player might.

In other words, the implied message in the original statement was that people wish they could go fast and they can’t, so they use their “laid back” style as a cover for their speed inadequacies… rather than it being a conscious choice. Which is bull.

I do think there’s room for speed combos in everyone’s arsenal. They look impressive, score well if you’re a competitor, and they’re honestly just fun to practice.