Anyone else get Anti-Yo envy?

I don’t know; it’s just something about this brand. I wouldn’t compete with one yet I can’t satisfy my Anti-Yo fix. Please tell me that this is a common thing…

No.

Only you, sadly😳

1 Like

I think mrciurleo is banking on you being wrong, yoyodoc.

hossboffman, check the BST for a fix.

1 Like

It used to be more common but it still is definitely a thing. I collect (to play) when I can.

No matter what Matt thinks doesn’t make me wrong.

Just maybe not as right as I may have thought🤓

1 Like

Doc is absolutely right in a sense not everyone shares the same drive for anti-yo, or any company for that matter. That being said, each company will always have at least people drooling overtheir throws. I am fascinated by the old proyo metals, and only know of a few others with the same interest.

Nope, not at all.

Way ahead of you. Expecting a Viszilla in the mail soon.

I hope you enjoy the Viszilla!

When I got back into throwing a couple of years ago, Anti-yo throws were some of my initial ”grail” throws. Specifically the Viszilla. Has trouble tracking one down initially, so I ”settled” for a Bape.2, since they’re essentially the same yo-yo, just different colors.

Eventually got my hands on a Viszilla, and was super happy with both. Then, shortly after I got the Viszilla, I got a lead on a black hardcoat Bape.2, and had to buy it. Ended up being even better finish-wise than the Vis in my opinion, so that’s why I was okay selling the original Bape.2 and Vis.

Overall, Anti-yo has produced some of the cleanest looking organic shapes out there. That’s what fueled my initial desire for them, and I’m guessing that’s what fuels a lot of other Anti-yo fans.

Did someone mention AntiYo?!?!

My favorite brand. Would LOVE for them to do just one more yoyo.

This thread just reminded me I haven’t taken an updated collection photo lately, have to do that tonight.

Hahahaha!!! :smiley:
I’m going to have to get some pics of my yyf plastics and magics.
Never heard of Antiyo.Going to have to check them out.
I have a yoyo warrior that was made here in AZ,really like that one.Out of biz,but great throw.

I carry a bsp with me everyday. Got a Bape in my pocket as we speak. Im a fan, No, I dont envy anything or anyone. But thats just me. Ive owned every Antiyo that ever was at one time or another. Kinda helps that Sonny and I are tight, I would recomend one to anyone.

Hoping to have a BSP in the near future, one of the last yoyo’s I’m searching for.

Are those at the top “beefcaked”!?

No they just don’t have the bearings in them.
I have one of the Danny Ywets, never thought I’d own an original ywet.

2 Likes

The originals are really special. Funny how different they play than the SE version.

Well, they kind of did.

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/one-drop-yoyos/products/one-drop-kuntosh?variant=19422557828

Welllll, not really. Designed by Sonny Patrick (one half of AntiYo) and released by One Drop.

Here is my current AntiYo collection (not including my Küntoshs :wink: )

2 Likes

We’re technically both correct (or incorrect). But I think the crux of it all depends on what you consider “Anti-Yo” to be. It is only Anti-Yo if it says Anti-Yo on the box? Or does the story behind the yoyo matter? It was a yoyo designed to be an Anti-Yo that never ended up being one officially and was released as something of a colab later on via a different company. What does that make it? Who knows. Ask Sonny I guess.

Though I suspect he would just laugh.

I’ve asked Sonny, he said One Drop ;D

To me AntiYo is the story, so much more than the yoyo. All of there yoyos have a story behind them. Then there is the way their finished, or anodized. Then the packaging, etc.

I love that the Küntosh was finally released, I’ve got 2, and yes one of them has AntiYo SE’s. But I couldn’t bring myself to say it’s part of my AntiYo collection. I’d LOVE to see Kiya and Sonny say yes, let’s do a AntiYo release also, I’d be the first one in line ;D