Anybody else feel this way?

Same, I can do both but push start is faster and easier

I use snap starts when I do 3a though. Iā€™ll probably switch to push starts when I get better at 3a haha

Yes I do feel that way. My brothers help. :ā€™(

Oh definitely! Well, Iā€™m only 2 months and about a week into the hobby. I wouldnā€™t count the first three weeks before that 2mo 1wk count because I was too busy with school to actually throw. Even so, total of 3 months? I know I still suck horribly. It doesnā€™t help watching vids of these guys/gals all over. Reading other peopleā€™s threads about creating their own trick or asking for help when doing trick X. Once I watch how to do trick X, I feel like itā€™s impossible.To add more pain, I can only do manual winding of the yo-yo. Worst of all, Iā€™ve been working for almost a week on my Boingy Boing and I just couldnā€™t do it very well. Yes, I do feel like I suck pretty badā€¦

At the same time, I feel that Iā€™ve improved A LOT! I actually land my suicides 50% of the time now. I can land most of advanced tricks here (non slack, non whip, non grind). Iā€™m able to step out of my comfort zone and pull off lacerations. Kwijibo? the trick that I swore is impossible for me ever? I can do it now. I feel like Iā€™m moving up now. With that said, it is this improvement and the fun I get that pushes me. Also, I just got my first metal and itā€™s a huge improvement over my plastic!

Iā€™ve been throwing for 3 years
Iā€™m not amazing
I donā€™t compete
But I can hold my own with other throwers

I donā€™t have enough time to put into it to be ā€œcompetitionā€ good so I just have fun with it!
And then by trading I get another level of excitement

At the end of the day itā€™s a relaxing hobby with a great community!

donā€™t worry how good you are, everybody learns at there own rithm. Iā€™m throwing for more than an decade and am still learning stuff on daily basis.
creativity is like that, sometimes you need to lay down your toy (or whatever) for a while to truly appreciate itā€™s power. yoyoing can be frustrating in the beggining, but it only gets rewarding afterā€¦ I promice :slight_smile:

I donā€™t think I could survive without snap starts ???

QFT

I feel like this about yoyoing whenever I post a video. Then I remember all of those videos that I have enjoyed at various skill levels. Then I remember why I yoyo. I donā€™t usually feel self conscious about yoyo tutorial videos though so that is a very comfortable thing.

No kidding!

Thanks for that! I hope I donā€™t make you guys feel bad. I think Iā€™m a decent thrower now, but it wasnā€™t until about October of last year that I started to feel that way. At Nationals and Worlds people actually approached me (both casual players and sponsored players), and asked me to do tricks for them that theyā€™d seen in my videos. It was such an unreal experience, and was an incredible confidence booster. ā€œWhat?! You know who I am?! You want to see my tricks? Really? Uuuuuh okay!ā€

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever forget when Stephan Fuentes (SlimJoe) approached me at worlds while I was waiting to get my floor pass, and was like ā€œhey! Are you Alex Gallimore? Dude, you HAVE to show me some of those sick front style tricks.ā€ It was unreal.

It took me 3.5 years to feel like I was a decent thrower, and thatā€™s all I will probably ever think of myself.

1 Like

This happens to me with multiple things I do. I always compare myself to the best people and I feel down because of it. However, there will always be better people than yourself but as Long as youā€™re having fun then it doesnā€™t really matter.

Unless itā€™s your job

haha well yeah then you get fired xD