Any wrestlers here (the actual type, not WWE)?

Just wondering. I used to be pretty decent at it in high school and have done it for most of my life.

14 years, have coached and ref now, entire family wrestles and I live/grew up in pa the greatest wrestling state in the country :slight_smile: lol

1 Like

I mean that is the home state of Cale Sanderson so you may have a point.

Edit: my history was wrong. He was Iowa State in his career. Penn State just has him as a coach. Either way, he was good and he is in PA

1 Like

Cj atkinson is a full blown wrestler. Drew tetz is also a massive fan!

1 Like

I said olympic wrestling lol but it’s cool that the guy who made the Burning Hammer knows how to do it
(It’s not that i don’t respect the athleticism of pro wrestling I just see it as an act and not a sport)

1 Like

Coaching state :wink: he’s from Utah and did his college wrestling for Iowa state, but 10 national titles for psu in 15 years easy to make that connection haha

1 Like

Pennsylvania easily best state in the country. Maryland and Virginia are surprisingly very tough as well I’d say around #10ish in the nation…. I was a state placer from Maryland and the PA kids were on another level. West Virginia isn’t very good which I find surprising

2 Likes

Yep i saw that as i looked him up and immediately realized I was a dingus. I just associate him with Penn State given how they have had a pretty good hold on collegiate wrestling along with Nebraska and Iowa+Iowa State

1 Like

Anyone here wrestle anyone from garnet valley pa?

Or sun valley

Yes to both

What years?

I would have wrestled them mostly in my youth years 2000-2006 don’t think I ever matched up with them in high school but I beat Matt idelson a few times and made it further than him post season every year I was in school 2008-2010

1 Like

Ok but what was everyone’s style? I always enjoyed ankle-picking and outside singles. On the ground I officially would consider myself an expert at the S-ride. Since I had bad knees I was allowed to wrestle with leg braces and could literally just kinda clamp people around the ankle

1 Like

There’s only one type of real wrestling.

1 Like

What age did you start? And are you from a wrestling family or first in the fam? My wrestling style was heavy with shrugs, elbow passes, knee picks, throws and my front headlock series was my best

1 Like

I saw that edit you did there lmao. I was the first in my family. I think i started at around age 6 or so in a wrestling club. I initially hated it but did it for football and was initially awful cus I was a pudgy unathletic kid but when i finally got the hang of it (to be frank mostly due to puberty finally coming to an end and me finally growing into my body) I suddenly went from JV to state-worthy all at the end of the season lol. Didn’t win first place but still, grew a lot suddenly.

Also headlocks were always fun if you knew how to wrestle dirty. One of my coaches who had connections to some extent (I’m forgetting by how much but like somehow he knew somebody to some degree) taught me a trick where you could covertly “massage” the jugular to give yourself an advantage.

1 Like

At around 1:27 he utilizes the infamous “yo-yo” move!!

Well shoot, I was ready to show off my Swanton Bomb and RKO but if it’s real wrestling I guess not pshh

Lol as I mentioned I actually really appreciate pro wrestling from an athletic standpoint and the danger they put themselves in to entertain people. Just because it’s pageantry doesn’t mean it isn’t difficult or dangerous

2 Likes

Oh it might be “fake” and scripted but at the same time it’s not lol those people are athletes no question about it

3 Likes