How dare you have a life beyond yoyo!
Life doesn’t always give us the time to review and practice the activities that we love. Sometimes priorities must be made and we have to take care of business. However, I’m sure you can find a moment here and there to take a breath and spin a yoyo.
Learning new skills isn’t always an option for everyone every day. Sometimes you have to be alright with just getting to throw for a few minutes, enjoy the feel of the yo in your hand, or even just the looks of the toy, knowing it’ll be there when you have the time.
When I get busy, I just throw what I know, increasing the quality of my performance. Sometimes when I feel the need to do something more, I just practice one part of a trick, knowing when time permits I will tackle the rest.
Yoyoing is experimentation, exploration, trial and error, vision, creativity, and practice. All take time. I believe that’s what makes it possible for so many to make it a life long activity.
- Keep a yoyo handy at all times. Maximize the opportunity to throw when possible.
- Have a plan. Know what you want to work on.
- Don’t have a plan. Throw what you know.
- Practice part of something new.
- Appreciate the moment. Enjoy getting to throw, not lamenting the moments you miss throwing.
- Have fun and keep in mind that you will have time later.
- If possible, work yoyoing into your daily schedule even if it’s only for a few minutes.
That’s all I’ve got! Good luck.