Any tips for the second hop in Kwijibo?

So I’ve spent probably about an hour and a half to two hours trying to get this trick down. I can get the first hop down well enough for the time being. But that second hop into a double or nothing is giving me some serious trouble.

I hop it up, and either land on two strings, something that almost looks like a backwards double or nothing, or just land it into a trapeze that’s be wrapped around my finger once.

The video for it in the learn section Andre says it’s the hardest part, and to me sometimes it’s kind of hard to see what’s going on because the video quality is pretty low, so I watched a few other video elsewhere, and I still can’t figure out where I’m going wrong.

Don’t pop it quite as hard, get that non-throw hand finger in there good and pull apart.

It just takes practice. If you’re this far, you’re most of the way there.

Practice. It’s a matter of isolating that front string. To be honest, some people might not consider the way I do Kwyjibo to be completely totally proper because half the time I end up landing the back string segment of the NTH over the back of my hand (in my attempts to isolate it) rather than on the forefinger.

The times that you’re landing it on two string segments are probably the closest to “correct” that you’re getting. Now it’s a matter of landing it on that frontmost string instead of two.

Use your throwhand thumb to really spread the strings apart; this will help you isolate (and land on) the front string.

Alright, thanks for the tips. I was sort of hoping there was just something I was missing. Guess it’s more practice tomorrow then.

It’s almost always practice.

The good thing is you had a question or concern and you asked. Better to just ask and see if someone has anything to suggest or a “been there, done that”.

Keep at it. This took me over 2 months to get down. I still don’t hit it 100% of the time, the last pop can still give me grief but I can typically land it in some manner, which is what’s important. If I can land it, I can move onto the next thing I want to do.

Back string all the way up your finger and catch the front string on the tip segment of your finger to seperate those enough to make landing on the front string easier.

If you are having trouble figuring out what’s going on, you can try having someone hold the non-spinning yoyo as you go through the motions of the trick.

Finally got it down, and can do it two times in a row. Thanks for the tips guys. I think slowing down a bit was what I needed to do.