Any R.P.G. Players on The Forum?

3 Likes

Meh, Skyrim is more of an adventure game (Hence First-Person Adventure).

Agreed times a thousand. Morrowind is fantastic. Best rpg of all time imo. Oblivion is still great though

Iā€™ve really enjoyed the Final Fantasy games Iā€™ve played. I also played a dungeon-crawler Touhou fangame once which was a very different experience (relatively little story, much higher difficulty), but still enjoyable. I havenā€™t played that many RPGs though because I tend to take a lot of time to get through the ones I do play. Iā€™ve got a couple Iā€™ve been meaning to play for a while (GrimGrimoire and Odin Sphere), so Iā€™ll probably start one of those next.

How do you like that? It looks pretty interesting, but Iā€™ve never picked it up since I already have a backlog of games to play through.

I quite like it.

I was surprised at how combat takes the back burner quite a bit (at least where I am in the game [37ish hours]) but itā€™s a really cool take on your classic RPG. I can see that this game really wonā€™t be most peoples cup of tea but itā€™s nice seeing people take things in new directions and trying new things.

I hate oblivionā€™s Lockpicking scheme! I try to get into the thieves guild. I have blown 200 dollars for lock picks.

Plus what good is an rpg if you canā€™t power level :slight_smile:

:smiley:

1 Like

Guild Wars 2 is probably the best (MMO)RPG iā€™ve played. As for my past MMORPG history, Iā€™ve gone from Runescape, to WoW, to Vindictus for a bit, to SWTOR, back to Vindictus, and now GW2.

Path of Exile is the best ARPG Iā€™ve played. Diablo III was fun at first, but the overall game design decisions were pretty terrible. Diablo and Diablo II were pretty awesome. Torchlight and Torchlight II are pretty good too.

Singleplayer RPGs are nice I guess, but I prefer being able to show off my progress to others.

Cool, what server? The new LA patch was today, didnā€™t get to play it yet thoughā€¦ You?

Tarnished Coast (Espionage.3685)

I did that Escape from LA event a few times, got 100% on the achievements for it too (was the first LS I really sat down and did lol). I havenā€™t done the Battle for LA yet though, might update my client and try it tomorrow.

I play Pokemon, and some FF games.

Anyone play game of war on their IPhone?

Unemployment Quest. So addicted right now.

So do you just look for a job, or what?

Kind of. Original FF style turn based fighting. Itā€™s pretty amazing, check it.
http://unemploymentquest.com/

Been playing some Avernum of late, along with some Icewind Dale and Divine Divinity. Regardless, I just wanted to give a massive shoutout to the legend above me with the Hol gif. Boys from the Dwarf!!!

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna join a dnd game at my school :stuck_out_tongue:

Coolio! I play some Magic with 10 of some kids at school. One time I think we gambled bags of Funyuns and mini muffins. My friend walked out with 2 muffins and 3 bags of Funyuns. Good times