any news on popstars

I love my popstar I’ve tried tokens and they play as well but really if you want a small yoyo for your pocket that plays well I would say definitely go for a popstar. I don’t see why there is so much hate against them. They’re $25 so you can take them anywhere and play them as hard as you want without really having to worry about dings

News on Popstars

That link sent me to a bad site according to Chrome Safe Browsing…

well there is popstars in stock now i think i may pick one up as a travel yoyo its not a big investment either way but thank all you guys for the input and opinions!

Popstar is a very capable yoyo, it’s just one of those “love it or hate it” kind of throws. Only way to find out if you like it is to try one out. I personally hate it, but seeing as how it was only like 25 bucks, I couldn’t be very upset. Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tried a popstar-- it is nowhere in the same league in terms of stability and … overall usability… as the C3 Token.

HOWEVER… Token is still just big enough to be kinda awkward in your pocket. The Popstar fits in there properly like a pocket throw should. You sacrifice stability for portability, which to me is a perfectly acceptable trade-off when you’re truly looking for a pocket throw.

I’d say st.eel > token = ministar > popstar
haven’t thrown a campfire, so I can’t comment on that.

But the stability of the popstar is pretty abysmal iirc. It has a very nice grinding finish, though.
Same problem with the yuuksta, it’s very unstable.

What about an aoda littles, mighty flea, or big deal?

oh, and if you’re interested in a token: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,58375.msg604604/topicseen.html#msg604604
He likely still has his for $25.

Excuse me?! :open_mouth:

My Yuuksta isn’t unstable at all. In fact, it out-stables a fair few of my full size throws… it’s shaped like a mini Genesis, so it’s almost entirely rim-weight. In fact I was expecting it to be unstable because it’s a smaller throw, and the first thing I noticed about it when I started playing with it was “wow, this thing is remarkably stable.”

If it’s good enough for Yuuki Spencer…

/shrug
I got rid of mine because I felt it was unstable. ymmv

Pixies are pocket yoyos… and… THEY LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE!!!

Yes. The best undersized yoyo ever.

if anybody wants a St eel I know a store with one in stock just Pm me