Any Musicians Out There??

Played Viola in High school orchestra, self taught guitar, piano and jaw harp ::slight_smile:

I like to play the button accordion sometimes.

1 Like

Wow, really? Accordion looks really complicated. Mad props. My husband has always wanted to learn the concertina. He currently plays harmonica, ukulele, and jaw harp.

Bumping this topic!

Just logging back from a 2 year hiatus! It has been a while since Iā€™ve posted on here, but I have been monitoring the community here and there. Not only am I here to revive my love for throwing (canā€™t wait to pick up my old FG Orca), however, I also want to revive the amazing stories/conversations/advice of our fellow musicians.

Please share your experiences! I would love to know you. And if you arenā€™t a musician, thatā€™s totally okay! Share your personal music tastes and favorite artists :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Played in bands and considered myself a musician first and anything else second for the better part of 20 years. Did everything I ever wanted to do, toured a bit, had a lot of fun, but my relationship with music these days is very love/hate.

1 Like

Sweet! Welcome back :smiley:

Iā€™m not a musician so have nothing to add hereā€¦but yeah, just saying hi! lol

We need photos! :smiley: :smiley:

i have a variety of instruments. Piano, Cajon, Ukulele, classical Guitar, Autoharp, violin, Recorder, Flute. my family says i have a Knack for these things (see what i did there? :joy:).

1 Like

i just dropped a 2+ hour session on the wheels of steelā€¦ though not considered a musician by some folksā€™ standards

8 Likes

Takes a lot of rhythm, technical skill, and music history knowledge :thinking::thinking::thinking: Iā€™d call that a musician :grinning:

4 Likes

thank you! and, dirty crummy infected cuticles from digging through crates and piles of dusty recordsā€¦ for the love of vinyl!

3 Likes

After about a year long hiatus from piano I am coming back to it today with River Flows In You by Yiruma.

Edit: darn itā€™s hard.

2 Likes

Yo I make beats and I am highly interested in paying people in this thread for melody loops.

Iā€™d rather pay yoyoers than community college kids cuz I love yā€™all.

The idea would be you spend an hour or two on ur instrument playing licks, chord progressions and one shots and I simply pay you.

DM me if interested.

I will be reaching out to people tomorrow on this thread but if youā€™re interested get at me. I donā€™t bite. I sell music. I need rights to melody loops. Analog instruments always sound better period.

lets work. I can buy you your next throw :wink:

this is music. Youā€™re a musician forget what anyone says. anything new is denied before it comes industry standard.

Are you nice on a specific instrument? What are you best at?

1 Like

Well I ā€œplayā€ a few, I play Ukulele, Piano, Cajon, bit of Guitar. I was best at Piano but still not great. Before i took a hiatus i played for 2 years. What about you?

1 Like

I hope this is going well/ has gone well for you friend

As far as acoustics Iā€™m a drummer first and foremost. Played in surf rock to post-core bands growing up. I now produce digital music. I sell hip hop beats at thxmos.com but my main interest is in future house. I took piano in college and I am self taught guitar (campfire song quality Iā€™m nothing good) You can knock digital production if you want but itā€™s much harder than any analog instrument Iā€™ve ever tried. :smiley: I just love all music

1 Like

does this count as being a musician? :joy::wink:

1 Like

I dont think so but I decided to put it here anyway lol

1 Like