Any Lexus owners?

I currently drive a 2011 Dodge Avenger and I’m sick of Chrysler’s horrible…everything. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Lexuses (Lexii?), especially regarding reliability so that’s what I’m leaning towards. Currently debating between an IS350 and an RC350.

Any Lexus owners here care to weigh in?

They’re Toyota’s premium brand and Toyotas are known to be reliable. My sister drove my Grandma’s Lexus ES350 (? it was either the Camry or Corolla equivalent) during and after high school, she enjoyed it for the ~8 years she got out of it on top of however long my Grandma had it (probably at least 10 years before that); my sister now drives a Toyota Camry.

3 Likes

I’ve got a ls300. Great truck. Worth every penny.

1 Like

I agree Toyotas look cool. My dream car is a Toyota Tacoma 4-door, royal blue :blush:

2 Likes

I’ve got a lexus IS300 that I’ve owned since about 07. I haven’t had to do any maintenance other than oil changes. Still runs like a dream. Honestly it’s a great car. Plus you can get em pretty cheap used.

5 Likes

Mines great and your right, it was cheep.

1 Like

Lexus are some of the best cars in virtually every metric except their recent control panels and multimedia usability.

Ever since 2013 (could be earlier on some models), they’ve been installing increasingly complicated, finicky, and/or unintuitive multimedia control interfaces that have been absolutely terrible. Where touchscreens are supposed to be easier to use, they decided to go in the opposite direction and make menus cumbersome with options hidden behind so many links and tabs that it’s a nightmare to even make minor radio adjustments. If you’re in the middle of driving, don’t even think about trying to adjust the AC while you have the radio open or you’ll run into a very real risk of hitting someone. There’s tiny buttons and tabs that you have to press that will distract you from the actual driving.

It’s basically Lexus trying to make a mouse and touchscreen equivalent of the original BMW iDrive. It’s that bad.

I really like Lexus but they have got to get it together with their infotainment system!

/rant

3 Likes

I went from toyota to lexus and back to toyota. Lexus was great. Toyota is just as great with a better pricetag and cheaper maintenance.

6 Likes

I still have both. What are you going to do.

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen!

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

come get me. You to @codinghorror I’ve got a great welcome planned for you especially Sir!

1 Like

Yes, you will find that any high end car has more expensive maintenance. Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti. It’s one of the benefits of ownership…

BTW - Wifey and I have each owned Volvos for 25 years.

2 Likes

Just stick to something American or Asian (Toyota) is built in America! Anything else is junk and hard to work on! 5+ years mechanic 3 years parts salesman

Yeah but Toyotas don’t look cool.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Totally agree.

1 Like

My personal opinion is that if you’re ready to pay the luxury price for parts/repairs on a Lexus, go for it. Otherwise, I would recommend just going for a Toyota.

1 Like

A friend of mine is a real life rock star legend, could buy and drive anything he wants. His main family car is a Lexus ES350, his other is a Smart Car :rofl: Said that out of all the cars he’s owned it’s been the least hassle of a car he’s owned. Was looking at one back in 2013, but we went in a different direction. If I was looking for a car again it’s what I’d look at.

Fair, but I want something newer. AFAIK they haven’t made Celicas in over a decade. And Supras and Lancers are out of my price range.

1 Like

Good point, the Celica 2006 was like 15 years ago. I’m also not one to really tout aesthetics, I drive a Honda Fit lmao.