Any knife guys?

Just found one better!!!

5 Likes

I always have a Gerber STL 2.0 on me that sticks to the magnet on my money/card clip. If I want to have a larger knife with me, lately I have been grabbing a Buck 112 slim.

1 Like

I usually carry a Leatherman Squirt PS4 multitool and either an original style Victorinox Swiss Army Soldier knife, a Spyderco Sage 5 or a Spyderco Chaparral (both Spydercos were purchased used, the Soldier was purchased new, when they were still in production)

2 Likes

More of a ā€œsword guyā€. (I practice Muso Shinden-ryu iaido and other traditional Japanese koryu).

BUT I find it useful to always have a little Japanese steel w me, so I donā€™t leave home w/o my Higonokami. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

the higonokami is an awesome and surprisingly affordable knife for the craftsmanship that it actually is

2 Likes

I am a knife nut as well, although as I get older I find i donā€™t carry any of my big fancy cool knives anymore lol. All about light weight now. So typically either my delica or my 940. Although recently picked this up and it has gotten a lot of pocket time

7 Likes

It is a great knife

Mine could do with a sharpen

10 Likes

I have a Kizer Sheepdog mini that I use as my EDC! I love it!

7 Likes

the sheepdog is a GREAT knife, one of my most frequent EDC knives is a kizer begleiter (something like that)

2 Likes

I love chunky looking blades like that. Still looking for one like that.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Kizer really does make some quality gear! Iā€™m definitely a customer for life!

3 Likes

Iā€™m a sucker for these cleaver style blades! I think BladeHQ has these in stock if youā€™re looking for one!

4 Likes

Ooh cool. The mini sheepdog looks so cute lol.

3 Likes

When I like a knife, I always buy two of them for redundancy. One is none, two is one!!

Hereā€™s my EDC knives that I rotate image

6 Likes

Who is yours made by?

4 Likes

The two on the left are strider SnG and two on the right are small sebenza 21

Strider kinda went out of business a couple years ago. The owner still makes customs every once in a while. The prices of these two shot up over the last couple years, since they arenā€™t made anymore. I had 2 more, but sold them because I dont need 4 of them and got a ridiculous price of $1000 each.

Even though these are worth 1k, I still use them because the maker still honors the lifetime warranty! So if I happen to break them, which is highly unlikely, I can get them repaired.

This is one of the ones I sold

4 Likes

I like classic pocket knivesā€¦
For every day use, I like either the Buck 303

or the Buck 55 (half size 110)

Also the Buck 500

When Iā€™m out in the woods I like my Buck 110 folding hunterā€¦

No use for exotic things like butterfly or balisong knives. Guess Iā€™m just not cool enough.

12 Likes

I just started carrying a knife to open boxes/bags with at work, and settled on this lovely Case Canoe. I always have it in my pocket, along with either my SB2 or Harbinger, and one of these gorgeous (imo) Seiko watches on my wrist.

7 Likes

I couldnā€™t tell you to be honest! The writing on the blade might have the makers name but I donā€™t know what it says.

Itā€™s a great little knife, I love the simple design. On the back of the blade you can see the laminated metal which the Japanese steel is famous for. It holds a fantastic edge.

2 Likes