Any good tutorials on horizontal palm grinds

Greg, your such a boss…gonna go try this now, wish me luck. Good luck Abby, I’m gonna learn it with ya here. Well you will for sure beat me to it. ;D

BTW. Eric, your punn on whipped together did not go unnoticed and I actually found it quite funny and amusing :P.

2 Likes

Whipped together! :wink:

Abby, you just have to tilt your hand opposite to the way it wants to fall out to make the yoyo fight against the tilt. You’ll find the right spot and it’ll stay.

The yoyos you mentioned are going to be really hard to palm grind on. Both the Amplifier and Paranoid have more or less polished finishes. I can barely palm grind with a pyramatte yoyo, which has a finish that some people claim they enjoy for grinds (doesn’t compare to a blast IMO, but the point is that people see it as a grinding finish).

Yea the amplifier is really hard to grind on.

I was going on memory and decided to just have a look. Some of those paranoids look like they might be polished inside the cup and soda blasted everywhere else. Hard to tell from photos. If so, you’ll have a better shot at it than with the Amplifier.

Are you sure you don’t have a blasted yoyo of some variety in your collection?

I have my torrent 2 but I honestly think that’s it.

Also the thicker the edges of the cup are, the more surface that touches your hand and the more that it will slow down

Ok Abby, I have tried it and only hit it once, but I’m getting it down and hopefully will be consistent in a week or two. From someone to another just trying to learn the trick ill tell you what helped me.

1. Powder…I used gold bond, but I’m sure baby powder would be just as effective. Ha I know it sounds crazy, but I wasn’t even close till I tried powdering my hand.
  2. I was throwing the yoyo to far up to grind it on my hand. I tried more or less placing it on my palm and was able to gain control much easier.

Not sure if it will help, but it helped me. Maybe ill have it down much better soon.

I couldnt believe it when after one watching your video one time, I got the trick on the first throw. Fastest I’ve ever learned a trick

1 Like

Awesome!