Any Floyd heads here?

4 Likes

Itā€™s the best band ever. Tell me lyrics like time donā€™t become more relevent every yearā€¦
My wife laughs at me since Iā€™ve played them consistently for 20yrs weā€™ve been together.
So many epic songs and albums.
So much ā€˜depthā€™ to the songs.
Saw Roger do the anniversary wall tour . Pretty much impossible to top that in a live show. Would have been even better if David Gilmore joined him Iā€™ll bet.

4 Likes

There it is!

Such an epic band! Hands down, my favorite of the ā€œclassicsā€.

2 Likes

Im in.

There are many excellent bands and producers but few honest to god ā€œgreatsā€. Pink Floyd is one of my greats. So good.

I saw Umphress Mcgee several years back at Wakarusa and they covered Shine on you Crazy Diamond pt 1-7 and it made my grown ass cry. It was so spot on, so perfect, I knew it was the closest id ever get to hearing them live. It was quite a moment.

4 Likes

Woah, I had a similar experience at a Vibes '12. There was a stage outside of the main venue where a school of rock was jamming. I heard Shine on and immediately gravitated toward the stage. Like 8 kids, no older than 16 jamming perfectly. I choked up a little too, not going to lie. One kid even had 2 different size saxes! That was probably the closest Iā€™ll ever get to seeing them live

2 Likes

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how to feel about thisā€¦

1 Like

Such a good band

So hard to yoyo to though

1 Like

Man, I just love Shine on You Crazy Diamond. Then again, I love the whole album. Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon are two of my all-time favorite albums.

2 Likes

Yeah I flipping love Pink FLoyd up to and including Animals. I also love their unsung pre-Darkside era albums!

2 Likes

I ā€œalmostā€ went to Live 8 in 2005. I had looked at plane tickets before they were announced, there were some other bands I was interested in and tickets for Live 8 were still available. Plane tickets were $200ish. After they announced Pink Floyd was going to play, plane tickets within a day shot to $1500 a ticket, and Live 8 tickets sold out immediately. :triumph:

2 Likes

I grew up on Pink Floyd, and all those albums still hold up so well!

1 Like

If you donā€™t eat your meat, you canā€™t have any pudding!

1 Like

Yep, thereā€™s that. Have you heard any of their older stuff?

I could never get into the Syd Barrett era stuff. Just too much whimsy for me, I guess.

But starting with Echoes, thatā€™s when they really became Pink Floyd to my mind.

1 Like

This middle section starting at 4:40 is one of my absolute favorite portions of any song ever. I love it so much that I actually figured out how to play it on acoustic so I can jam it for as long as I want to. It is absolute bliss
@Dust @smittylube @codinghorror @beeebon @anon19434144

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen Roger Waters 3 times (twice billed as Pink Floyd and once as Roger Waters) and David Gilmour once. Big fan.

2 Likes

I kinda lost em when Gilmore left after what, The Final Cut in ā€˜83? Waters and Gilmore played off of each other so well. They were a good contrast vocally. I was really into the Syd stuff in my last year of high school.

1 Like

The Wall came out when I was in 8th grade and it was epic! A classmate brought in the record which opened into an amazing gatefold and he was the coolest kid in school that day. Any song from that on rock radio sounded really fresh.

1 Like

That sounds really sweetā€¦