Anti-Yo Bapezilla.2 Problem.

Do you own it/Buy it yourself? Or use someone elses? They could have rubbed it down with a belt or jeans before you played it.

It was yoyoexperts

The website or the person? I read on another forum that everyone that is having some problems with the Bape2 found this problem as well. This is the only problem I have heard about. I think Anti-Yo should stand up for themselves if they think we are wrong. They haven’t. I found out they have given a bunch of refunds etc. They most obviously saw this post and didn’t explain or apologize to anyone who could have broke a window or anything. Not everyone who yoyos checks out the yoyo review section on this website. I honestly love this company. I have a bunch of versions of the YWET. I would hope Anti-Yo would own up to their mistake of making yoyos that are dangerous and messed up my light fixture.

It hit and broke a light fixture in my place and glass fell all over our…nice carpet. I was told this yoyo I got wouldn’t eat strings or whatever…it was tested by the group at a very well respected yoyo website… This shows there is something clearly wrong.

I am sorry but I think this is absolutely ridiculous. My first one I got was faulty and the recent one just hit a fixture in my place but its fine since I have like a ton of replacements. What if that was my sons head? (example) I have 30+ yoyos all different companies and I have never seen this. Only heard of it from a guy wright yoyo.

I think Anti-Yo should stand up and admit to this CLEAR problem and give money back to every unsatisfied person with the Bape2.

Anyone every heard of a recall? I honestly feel beyond ripped off. YYE has been amazing but seriously there is no warnings or people speaking up/apologizing.

The website or the person? I read on another forum that everyone that is having some problems with the Bape2 found this problem as well. This is the only problem I have heard about. I think Anti-Yo should stand up for themselves if they think we are wrong. They haven’t. I found out they have given a couple of refunds etc. Why only some of us but not all? They most obviously saw this post and didn’t explain or apologize to anyone who could have broke a window or anything. Not everyone who yoyos checks out the yoyo review section on this website. I honestly love this company. I have a bunch of versions of the YWET. I would hope Anti-Yo would own up to their mistake of making yoyos that are dangerous and messed up my light fixture.

It hit and broke a light fixture in my place and glass fell all over our…nice carpet. I was told this yoyo I got wouldn’t eat strings or whatever…it was tested by the group at a very well respected yoyo website… This shows there is something clearly wrong.

I am sorry but I think this is absolutely ridiculous. My first one I got was faulty and the recent one just hit a fixture in my place but its fine since I have like a ton of replacements. What if that was my sons head? (example) I have 30+ yoyos all different companies and I have never seen this. Only heard of it from a guy wright yoyo.

I think Anti-Yo should stand up and admit to this CLEAR problem and give money back to every unsatisfied person with the Bape2.

Anyone every heard of a recall? I honestly feel beyond ripped off. YYE has been amazing but seriously there is no warnings or people speaking up/apologizing.

I agree with banjo and dcs. We, as consumers, have to stick up for ourselves. If not, it just gives manufacturers (of any industry, not just yoyos) a free pass when it comes to releasing sub-par quality products.

I had promised myself I would refrain from participating in this conversation any longer as I feel this pony has been ridden until her legs have gone wobbly, yet here I go taking another run around the corral.

I think this conversation has lingered on far beyond what is reasonable or even fair to Anti-Yo or the Bapezilla.2. Yes, I do believe it is a reasonable expectation that when I pay $150 for a yo-yo it should arrive without the potential of breaking string and damaging property in the first 30 minutes of play or any need of modification. However, given the understanding one should beware of the potential of string breaking I have made it my practice to play with this throw outside away from windows, light fixtures, automobiles or anything else which could be considered a target for substantial damage from small flying aluminum objects until I am confident the danger no longer exists. I have reached this level of confidence. As I stated elsewhere on these forums, it is a problem which is easily remedied and I personally have not experienced any further problems and I am still on my third string which has lasted for over a week now. One week on any yo-yo’s string is reasonable if it has been played extensively.

Please allow me state once more unequivocally, I love my Bapezilla2 and I haven’t left home without it since it came to me in the mail. I believe Anti-Yo has manufactured a excellent product and I am very satisfied with my investment. I am NOT of the mindset that I was “ripped off” in any way by Anti-Yo and certainly not YoYoExpert. I believe the time has come to temper our remarks with reasonable forethought and measured evaluation as the conversation has become cavil.

[quote=“BanjoSpins,post:26,topic:41028”]
But you get to know this problem only if you often reads forums. But what about people who doesnt go here? What about rest of the world, where most people doesnt understand english enough to read it on these forums? Should they be screwed by Anti-yo lack of responsibility? They know about this problem from YWET, but now it’s same with Babepezilla(not sure if even with Viszilla?), and still there is no official response from anti-yo or any warning on packages or on webpages of different shops selling these yo-yos.

They made faulty product, which can get damaged, destroyed or even be dangerous right after unpacking, they dont deserve defense from any of you.

Your point is well taken that I had the advantage of prior notice given by dcs937’s post of August 2nd. It is equally true it is far easier for me to be more lenient because this heads-up protected me from throwing the Bapezilla2 in the living room and through my TV screen or something. Had I not known the string had the potential to break and gave a vigorous toss and bounced it off my cat’s head I would be EXTREMELY upset about something like that. If you’ve read my previous posts you do realize I do not excuse Anti-Yo from culpability in this matter. They do have an obligation to not only address this issue in future production, but to rectify the situation with current customers who are dissatisfied with their purchase. Especially given the dollars they’re getting for this product.

However we must make sure we have granted everyone involved, Anti-Yo and perhaps even YoYoExpert if you purchased one here, the chance to do just that. It is so much easier to jump on a website forum such as this one and gripe and grumble rather then negotiate with the ones who actually have the power to put right the grievance. dcs937 himself said he heard Anti-Yo; “are a very nice bunch of people”. I know for a fact YoYoExpert will do everything reasonable to address every problem their customers may have. This is what I mean by tempering our response with reasonable forethought. Let us all make sure we ourselves have done our due diligence in providing others the opportunity to make things right. I fear the vitriolic nature of some of our comments may have exceeded the degree this situation truly warrants.

This thread came up from 2012 during a search.
Does anyone know if this is still an issue as I just purchased one today?
Does the finish still require buffing down, and is that proving to fix the problem?

As far as I’m aware it still is.

I believe it affected all of them, and yes, that works well to fix it