Another bimetal recommendation thread😬

Im looking for a bimetal thats got good power but also nimble. Ive tried the klondike for a short while but it wasnt entirely for me. Felt a bit slow.

I really like my digamma crash which I think moves super well and was gonna get the plasma crash but maybe it’ll play too similar?

These are some Im considering but feel free to recommend something else.

W!ld
Plasma Crash
Bae
Seiji
Socius
GTR-JS but Im not a huge fan of the shape.

2 Likes

here’s a gingie vid comparing digamma and hydrogen crash. if anything, i’d think that plasma might play closer to klondike. from personal experience, hydrogen crash is a light speed beast, highly recommend if that sounds great

3 Likes

Felt like he said that the digamma crash was faster and more powerful than the hydrogen crash so I figured I didnt need that. I havent seen anything about the plasma crash anywhere.

1 Like

Power and nimble then Empathy is the one, depend on preference:
If more of flow player → Physix
Long combo and more spin time → Southside

Bae is also great but thick rim might not be everyone favorite, some love it, some might not

3 Likes

The unparalleled nation is coming out at the end of the month and that is a fantastic lighter weight nimble and maneuverable bimetal.

1 Like

Find a used Draupnir. Fast, powerful, stable all the way until it stops spinning.

1 Like

Elite 23 from g2 is very fast and nimble. I didn’t like the sieji much. Gtr js is very good.

I agree about the g2!

Hummingbird, tachyon, and vanitas all zip on the string really fast though I’m not sure how ninble you’re asking for. The pheasant is a really nice middle ground

2 Likes

So Im not looking for a speed demon like the hummingbird, draupnir and tachyon. I find them maybe too hard to control? Atleast that was my experience with the hummingbird. Just looking for a powerful yoyo that doesnt feel sluggish. Will look at the vanitas.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the progressiver? That looks neat too!

1 Like

i’d reccomend something from the flash line,
They are powerful, and very nimble.

1 Like

I prefer the W1LD Wild and C3 Plasma Crash over the Klondike. They feel more lively in play. All are excellent though. The C3 Socius is also very good but I don’t really like the feel during play. The W1LD Trio is similar shape to the Wild/Klondike/Plasma Crash but feels very different in play. After changing the bearing out and with thin Sochi C string it is probably my favorite of anything I have. The new Yoyofactory/SUS Moz is amazing after the bearing and string change. This is going to see a lot of play. Sochi C string @ColinBecko signature string is very quickly becoming my favorite by the way.

3 Likes

Ah finally someone who has played both. Could you elaborate on your thoughts/differences between the plasma crash and the w!ld?

1 Like

Playing my Draupnir and Klondike next to each other, I don’t think you’ll get that feeling if you find the Klondike too sluggish.

1 Like

Maybe want to give YYfr da Vinci a go. It’s feels a bit thinner than Klondike, less boxy and man, super fast.

I really want to try Bae.

2 Likes

W!ld plays heavier than the klondike to me. I like it more than the klondike, but it makes me just really want to try a Kagerou :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If you want something like Bae and more agile. I would highly recommend Toru 0.999 (the extra plastic rim one). The rim is slightly slimmer but pack with power and it plays so fast. The only downside are price and coatings tends to absorb moisture.

4 Likes

The Wild feels noticeably more powerful and the Plasma Crash feels quicker. The Plasma Crash is slightly smaller and it’s noticeable during play. Fits perfect in the palm on returns, more comfortable. I do play the Wild more than the Plasma Crash. Very similar overall. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone for the suggestions! :smiling_face:

1 Like