Empathy Noir vs Klondike

Hi there,

Looking for to buy my first bimetal yoyo, I’ve already have shortcut and speedaholic XX.
I want a lot of power and stability, which one will be better? From the pictures they look very similar.

Klondike plus shipping from USA is the same price as Noir from Eu so that’s not a point.

2 Likes

Both of those are going to have a ton of power and stability. Neither is the wrong choice. Just listen to your heart and you’ll know which one to decide on.

1 Like

I had both, still think the Klondike is a tiny bit better, both in performance and comfort on the hand.
The noir is a great yoyo but is a bit “sharp” at the edge and the shape itself, it is insanely good (I mean the 2nd in the world won with it lol) but as matter of feelings the Klondike win both in stability, rejections and comfort, I actually regret to have sold mine

3 Likes

Noir IMO, the larger pads are enough to make me move off the klondike

3 Likes

Imo the Noir is a bit heftier, longer spinning and more stable than the Klondike (which is also still very good at all those). The Klondike has a middle ground pacing to it and is faster and more manoeuvrable than the Noir which I would say is on the slower side.

As Albertino said, the Noir’s rims are quite sharp so it can be pretty sore on a bad catch. I do like the blasted rims option on the Noir though. I’m always a fan of blasted rims.

They’re both great and it’ll depend on what your preference is and they are somewhat similar yoyos. Personally, I prefer the Klondike for general play as it is a bit more generalist/less extreme. However, the Noir is currently my go to yo-yo for learning new tricks due to just how long spinning and stable it is along with the blasted rims helping to mask mistakes.

1 Like

Longer spinning time talks to me but unfortunately lasts only pink ones…

Maybe something different ?

my goals:

• super long spin time
  • slower side
  • easy to control

Ekta!

Imo the Plasma Crash fits that description quite well. If I were to compare it to the Noir/Klondike I would say that it plays heavier, a bit slower and less manoeuvrable (I think a tad longer spinning and negligible stability difference) than the Noir and it also has blasted rims. It’s my other current go to “let’s learn a trick” yo-yo even if I don’t personally use it too much during casual sessions.

This looks to be in the ballpark, though heavier:

1 Like

The dressel designs connection fits that description well and is very fun to play with