Another $180 titanium yoyo pre-order

Still fighting with the machine shop. As soon as I have good news, I’ll post it.

6 Likes

I need a Wanker in my hands.

3 Likes

Look down! :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Hey oh

3 Likes

I think you need to talk to your parents. Ask them about bees and birds

2 Likes

I’m as frustrated as you all are with how long this has taken. The machine shop has been having trouble getting them smooth. They provided examples (which is what you’ve seen in the photos I’ve posted) of their results. The 2 protos I have aren’t good at all. A lot of vibe. It’s a lot of fun to play but it’s just too much vibe.

I understand that you’ve all waited a long time. This is why I’m frustrated. You gave me your hard earned money to make a yoyo for you and it’s taking way longer than I promised. I can’t just give you a yoyo with vibe to be done with it though, I have to deliver exactly what I promised, a fantastic playing, high quality titanium yoyo.

We’ve had a little success by making an aluminium version but we’re not out of the woods yet. We’ll get there. You’ll get a fantastic yoyo. I promise.

I’m sorry again for how long it’s taking. I understand that you want more answers, I’ll provide them when I have them.

Thank you for understanding.

13 Likes

I would rather wait a bit longer and get a product you are happy with rather than a subpar one.

Am I eager? Of course but I trust you’ll deliver in the end.

9 Likes

That’s a great looking yoyo. If I had the extra cash would’ve gotten one, reminds me of the Diaspora a bit.

3 Likes

We know you’re good for it man. I personally appreciate the attention to detail and communication even when it’s not the best news. Those are some of the hardest times to just be open and honest and I respect you tons for how you’re handling the whole thing.

5 Likes

I’m trying my best, I couldn’t forgive myself if you ended up with a bad yoyo.

7 Likes

Thanks for the big update. Hopefully you’ll get things sorted with the machine shop.

1 Like

I just had good news. The latest proto we made was smooth. This is a very good sign and we’re pretty sure the final batch will be smooth too.

Still no ETA but we’re closer. I’m hoping to ship them by the middle of next month!

16 Likes

Proto V2 arrived today. It’s smooth!

This means production is next.

I appreciate how patient and understanding you’ve all been. I can’t thank you all enough. I’m very late in delivering at this point but you all seem to know how hard I’m working to deliver.

Please reply or DM me if you have questions!

14 Likes

Is it magical?

2 Likes

Not as magical as the Ti Float, but it’d definitely got a personality

1 Like

So effing stoked. That last render looked like a Ti-Astraea. Glad you made the decision to wait for a Jordan-quality product. I mean, I’ll never forgive you for making me wait this long how could you.

1 Like

The cuts in the bowl look amazing

1 Like

4 Likes

Had some more time with it and it really is lovely. Not as solid in play as the first prototype but also not quite as powerful. That’s ok because it was stupidly powerful and nobody needs that much stability. I really hate the word floaty but I think people who likes that kind of thing are going to love this.

It’s really nice to just hold it in your hands because the enormous organic rims are just so comfortable. Feels like you’re holding a massive chunk of metal (because you are). I thought it’d be a bit weird to have a 48mm wide organicish Ti, but it really doesn’t play that wide.

Finally, I stuck one of my NSK bearings in it so I can understand how it rings during play. It definitely has the most satisfying ring out of any titanium yoyo I’ve made, it might be the best ringer I’ve ever owned.

I’m gonna work as hard as I can to get these to you asap. I hope to have an ETA soon.

8 Likes

Thank you so much Jordan :heart:

1 Like