anodized plastic?

It adds a microscopic layer for anno and divits for bb so you could say it changes the shape…

NOOOO!!! ::slight_smile:

I disagree. That’s just a surface treatment. It has nothing to do with shape. To change the shape, something would have to be done to give a more significant change to the geometry of the object. The removing of little bits in a satining or *-blasting process, or what is added through painiting, or whatever happens during anodizing simply do not count.

I mean, when they put a textured plaster over the drywall in your house before they paint it, does that change the shape? No. It merely treats the surface. Do the dimples on a golf ball change it’s shape? No.

Does the grill cover on a Shure SM58, besides being made from spring steel, is it not essentially a ball? Yes. After being run over by a truck and flattened? Not anymore. Will it still work? Surprisingly, it CAN(and has)!

No, I was responding to the what if he doesn`t like the shape of the grind king.

Obviously the finished surface is a must for grinds. Straight ano just doesn’t grind.

Taking that into account…the shape of the yoyo as well as the weight also lend to the overall quality of grinds.

Yes. You heard me correctly. You can type NO! in bold as big as you’d like but it doesn’t change the fact.

For example. If you grind a 54 and CODE 1 to see which one grinds better…you’ll find the CODE 1 does.

Why do you think companies add grooves to their yoyo on top of a blast? For aesthetic purposes? Nope. The less amount of surface area there is touching your finger the better the grinds will be. The CODE 1’s shape, heavy rim weight, and grooves all aid in providing longer grinds than the standard butterfly shape of the 54.

1 Like