Angry kids who want yoyos

slapped him so hard people that even vaguely looked like him would have felt it.

W-W-WIN!

And kids, be like me - don’t throw in public.

That is why why you lift weights, so that you don’t get threatened :slight_smile:

Take it as a compliment. It means that they find you good. Even the yuggles know that I stink, they don’t even bother to ask me to walk the dog. Completely uninterested they are.

The best memories of me yoyoing in public was at a party.
The mom of the b-day boy was straping him in his car-seat (because he got so excited about eating, and he’s only 1) and she was having a tough time getting him to eat. So i come up to him, and throw my yoyo, put in grabbing range, and he would stop it ang get so excited, and then his mom would shove food in his mouth.

Its always benn, as for yuggles that come up to me, “what is that?” Its a yoyo. “How long can it spin?” I can make it spin for 1 minute while doing tricks. (stares at me for a little bit) “Does it have a motor?” No. “How much did it cost?” About $80. “$80 For a yoyo!!!” yep.

I have never had a kid demand my yoyo, MY SISTER… is always grabbing the string, even though i have told her numorous times not to mess with the string or else it will most likely smack her in the face.

Uh I haven’t had anything odd happen to me the oddest thing that has happened to me is I got a free cinnamon bun when I was waiting outside a restaurant for food. When the waitress wanted me to perform in the restaurant or cafe.

It wasn’t my kid. Don’t feel like taking a trip to the county lock-up for a yoyo-related hate crime.

Heck with that! Some of the best opportunities I have to throw are in public!

To the OP: I yoyo at my kid’s gymnastics club sometimes, in the “parents in purgatory” area. The parents often have other kids who are in classes staggered a half hour apart from their siblings.

A few times I’ve had kids just want to snatch the sucker out of my hand! I’m very patient with them, though. They’re kids! The embarrassed parents usually corral the kids, and I curse myself for not having brought a butterfly with a short string for them to try. :wink:

that’s gold, did you do it, I sure would have :wink:

Based on your writing, I’d guess you’re a kid myself, somewhere under 14. Either that or you only type on your phone and you have very very fat fingers.
I don’t know if I’m scary or if kids here are just shy or what, but they don’t approach me (or any stranger as far as I know) to ask this kind of questions.

I’m in my mid 30’s . I have a bit of a learning disorder , when it comes to grammar and spelling . ( sorry but I’m trying my best ) .

I know how exhilarating it can be to point out the short comings of others . So enjoy .

And thank you for adding so much to this post , you are scary looking , and a good writer . Very good to know .

Yes we all know kids should not talk to strangers , but it is ok if the parent is 10 feet away . And most likely told them ,why don’t you go ask him .

also may be they don’t approach you for a reason other then your looks . I look like a dirty, bearded tattoo ed , scars on my face ,motorcycle Guy .( I even have a pebble stuck in my lip from when I took a bad fall on my bike ) And everyone approaches me . kids , adults , senor citizens . I look up all the time and see people filming with there phones . GOT TRICKS ?

7 Likes

i was throwing and my teacher saw me and told me that if it was non responsive it was not a real yoyo and it just does all of the tricks for me and i should do long tricks with a duncan butterfly…i laughed in his face

My 2 close friends from school are on same thinking style for most of the time, but when it comes to yoying they are as different as strangers. One of them plays with diabolo and he learned 2 easy tricks (one of them is Mach 5) without a yoyo for practice!
And other one plays electric bass and he said “Purposse of a yoyo is throwing and taking it back(non 2A style). You are not a real yoyoer. You are trying to paint our eyes (like decieving).”. And I didn’t care for his words expect he tried and succeded to hit my PGM. And I only controlled my yoyo for damage.

If you can do at least half of this, those strangers won’t be that bad.

What?

1 Like

Well your post just shows why people don’t want to approach you. Your assumptions and attitude are quite degrading…

Well, then just throw it and let it hang on a sleeper.

“Now, how does it do tricks on its own?”

2 Likes

So people who never saw me or talked to me before can see through my soul and find out that my assumptions and attitude are degrading, and then they don’t talk to me?
You should’ve simply said that it’s their luck that they are not talking to me as I’m such a douche.

I am 15, but I agree with studio. Some younger kids feel an incredible sense of entitlement. I was teaching kids to play ping pong, and one wanted to play longer than everyone else. These are like eight year olds by the way. I told him that he could not, and when he decided to just not let anyone else play, I just took the ball and walked away. It didn’t work because he BIT me, and the tried his peewee martial arts on me. I am a green belt in taekwondo, and have taken a kick from a black belt (feels like being hit by a bus) so I couple of jabs from an eight year old was bothersome at worst. Still, this is an example.