And your 2012 World YoYo Contest 1A Champion is...

I was hoping he would!

I watched all of them at worlds and harold killed it, i thought he should of won

I just watched the videos, and I am glad Mickey won! I like how he changd up his routine, so it was pretty fresh. Also on a side note, check out his shoes. Do you think they have enough straps? lol

what was he throwin on the finals vid?

Iā€™m no judge, but after watching the 1st and 2nd place freestyles a few times each, I feel that Marcus deserved it more. He took more risks, had better flow, and put on the much better overall performance of the two. Parts of Mickeyā€™s freestyle seemed rather choppy, IMHO.

It is what it is though.

1 Like

It seems like Mickey changed his style, he used to be really fast, this time he was just more smooth. If you go watch last time he won its way different than this year

yoyo players style evolves, like Pokemonā€¦

1 Like

Ricardo Marechalā€¦AMAZING.Ā  Nailed everything.Ā  Maybe not worthy of the most points but blew the roof off the building.Ā  Was my favorite.

This is completely insane.

Loved Mickey as well.Ā  Hopefully next year dubstep wonā€™t be as popular and weā€™ll have some real musicā€¦

2 Likes

A bearing plug is a thin film of silicone (usually latex) that is used to prevent the balls from falling out, or from rattling inside the bearing while spinning. Essentially they reduce the amount of wear and tear and friction on the bearing, making it spin 100 times faster.

And just because I know someone is going to askā€¦

ON TOPIC

I really loved watching Mickeyā€™s freestyle. He really changed it up quite a bit from what weā€™ve seen over the last few years. Iā€™ve seen a few of his performances over the last few years and sometimes he just looked like he was trying so hard, this year he definitely brought his A-game, and he looked so smooth, so in control and comfortable doing it.

I loved how he controlled the intensity, some ā€œquietā€ bits, some crazy bits, what a performance!!

Can someone post a video of Mickeyā€™s performance? I canā€™t find it.

Yup heā€™s pretty good

Everything he said ^

Especially the parts about Ricardo and dubstep.

I personally think Marcus deserved it. To me, his performance was a lot more entertaining. He also had and entirely different set of tricks than last year. Mickey seemed like he usually is; good, fast, yet really mechanical, and to me, boring.

that is the most incredible performance I have ever seen. Even better than Jensen Kimmits world 2010.

I love all this talk between how who deserved it and such :smiley:

I literally screamed when I read that Mickey won. I watched the live stream and noticed how different his style was this year. Mickey did everything right this year, slowing down to ensure he hits his tricks, proceeding with his routine when he messes up instead of trying the trick again, and he didnā€™t reuse his old routine from Nats. He used his years of taking second as experience and when he took fourth last year Iā€™m sure it opened his eyes that he needed to work his butt off to take that title back.

Ask and you shall receive.

Hahah, thanks! I donā€™t know much about bearing maintenance as I only use the bearings that come with the yoyo so I donā€™t know much. I apologize.

lol you went too far there, the greatness of Mickey as I see is how constant he is, no doubt heā€™s one of the best. But Jensenā€™s flow is untouchable, I wish he would come back and let go of all the stuff thatā€™s not about the toy and the fun.

4 Likes

I think that both Mickey and Marcus had fantastic freestyles. I personally liked Marcusā€™ a bit better, but that has nothing to do with who I think should have won. They were both outstanding.

Great freestyle. Everyone did very well actually, wish I could have made it this year!

Though I was rooting for Mickey to take the gold, Iā€™ll discuss the whole ā€˜[insert name here] deserved the win moreā€™ thing.

Mickey and Marcus basically had the same exact scores, so either one of them could have been champions. There were a few things Mickey had more than Marcus and vice versa. Mickey dominated the ā€˜professionalismā€™ and other criteria and thatā€™s what got him the gold.