Amazon day?

Anyone picking up the deals or see something we all need? My wife been sitting on the toliet for a minute so im assuming shes finding stuff.

3 Likes

Wife said we missed a 55" for $140 :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I guess if you’ve just been dying to buy a Watieoboo, Leshare or JoLeshare or the cheaper magic yo-yos I guess this is a good time…

Only thing that peeked my interest is water balloons are on sale and a decent price on the evil Bezos platform… sorry I meant Amazon. Damn auto correct.

3 Likes

We bought a shower head and some other stuff last year. This is a time when all the homies in the hobby could update the pad :joy::joy:

Kitchen tiles? Got em.

Tools? Got em

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Ehh okay fine I’ll probably consider getting another ring cam for the side yard. I have some knipex pliers on my edc list I might snag. Idk not allot that’s exciting me this year. Don’t remember getting excited about prime day last year either.

1 Like

Dude the cam is a great idea but hate that you got to pay the 30 or 40 a year to see live.

2 Likes

I’ve fallen victim!

Almost ordered a new chandelier+bulbs for our dining room yesterday. Decided to sleep on it and sure enough, saved $30+ by waiting until Prime Day.

Got a sweet pair of touch lamps for our bedroom nightstands (been searching for awhile).

Looking at a roku and wall mount for the guest bedroom tv…maybe, maybe!

Also, maybe a new kitchen sink. We heard a crash the other night, it was one of the “supports” that the previous homeowner had installed for the “undermount” sink. Opened the cabinet to find a piece of 2x1" cheeze-wizzed with glue :sweat_smile:

That $150 tv was a good deal if you’re ok with Pioneer. Displays have been getting cheaper and cheaper!

1 Like

Tvs I wait on. People where I live must be made of money cuss they toss perfectly good tvs all the damn time so I’m stocked in decent tvs. I just drive around on trash pickup days after Black Friday and find a few good ones on my rounds. (I ask the neighbor before I just take it)

I bought a Roku probably 5 years ago and it’s still going strong in my living room. Haven’t had a need or desire to upgrade or change it. I had got a fire stick at some point but they are a tad more annoying with ads snd such. Just not my preference. I use the one fire stick I have in my office and have some stuff side loaded on it.

2 Likes

We’ve had a roku in our bedroom for a few years and we dig it plenty well! Honestly, works better than the playstation does for streaming services, most of the time :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I hear you on displays. People are always throwing them out. I get em from work all the time along with touch panels, control processors, DSPs, and all sorts of other distributed audio/video and control “junk”.

Good thing I know how to use it all, our house has been growing smarter and smarter each year!

1 Like

I’ve found with cats, dogs, kids and wife “smart” house are not so smart. Too many variables. Too many things changing snd moving and little consistency day to day. Either annoyed to hell with alerts snd notifications or erroneous “smart” behavior as the automation fails to keep up and work with the folks in the house. I’m convinced all this “smart”stuff is designed by and for single people in studio apartments.

2 Likes

There are some fantastic deals on D&D books! I believe many are on sale for $20.

4 Likes

Haha, that’s real! I don’t subscribe to what most people call smart devices.

I do, however, have a central controller that I write the programming for. Right now it’s just lighting and hvac, with astronomical timers for outdoor/holiday lighting and our thermostat schedule. Of course, Crestron is still a dirty 4-letter word to some folks.

Eventually, I have dreams of distributed audio and maybe some video over ip distribution.

2 Likes

Smart devices are intriguing, but the smart home stuff just feels like a big step towards a bad decision. Like AI. Reliance on these things leans toward a future not unlike Bladerunner.

Just because you can, doesnt mean you should.

Id rather not get murdered by my toaster in my sleep.

IMHO

3 Likes

Totally fair brother! Walmart had the Apple Airpods for the same price as amazon so we went to the store and bought them locally. Other than that i think we passing on everything else.

1 Like

Reoccurring nightmare…

2 Likes

I knew something was up. Been getting “a new item has been added to your cart!” notifications all day at work from my gf and I’s Prime account. Usually fairly normal, today though, they just kept coming…and coming…

2 Likes

Old World Blues did a number on a lot of us.

I applied for the Amazon credit card specifically so I could get the 60 dollar bonus and use it towards AirPods Pro haha. Now to close that card before I get ahead of myself….

2 Likes