Am I out of luck with this Yeti?

Bought a “mint yeti”.
The yoyo shipped a week late, had to remind him to ship. Not a huge deal but it is what it is. I then gave him 5 extra dollars to upgrade to priority, which comes with $50 of insurance.

The yeti had no dings, but a severe pulsating wobble. I could tune it to a point, but at it’s best there was still a noticeable, strong wobble. Not vibe, to me wobble is a lot worse. Couldn’t care less about some vibe.

I contacted him and he didn’t really act too concerned (not as much as I would be if I sold somebody a wobbly yoyo) said “maybe it’s the postal service being lame”. I filed a claim on paypal because I was kind of worried he wasn’t going to do anything about it. Offered to send the yeti back.

I offered to send a video of the yeti, which he didn’t seem interested in.
I tried to tune the yeti, and when trying to remove the spacers I cracked the bearing seat. I contacted him right afterwords explaining what had happened. I did ‘fix’ it but it’s not the same, however the yoyo can now be tuned. Still has a strong wobble if you don’t spend some time tuning it.
At first, I stupidly told him if it was the post offices fault I wouldn’t leave him negative feedback. I’ve changed my mind on that since then, a seller needs to make sure the buyer is satisfied.

Because I broke the bearing seat am I just out of luck? I feel like I wouldn’t have tried to remove the spacer (never have on my other yeti) if I wasn’t trying to tune the wobble out of it.

If the yoyo was damaged by the postal service (as he claims), which caused the initial wobble could he gets the insurance which is more than enough to reimburse me?

He say’s he has ‘too much invested in the yoyo community’ to pull something like selling me a wobbly yoyo, but he’s acting annoyed that I filed a paypal claim and not acting like this is a priority at all.

I’ve accidentally made wrong doing trades or selling and I more than made up for it on multiple occasions. I messed up selling a guy a big dipper, reimbursed him and bought him a brand new one on top of that. All I’m asking is to get insurance that already comes with the yoyo, and reimburse me with that. And he can keep the money I sent him. I feel like this is a fair resolution.

Any advice is appreciated.

Yetis are a finicky yo-yo. They can be a pain to tune, the bearing seats can crack, and most have at least a little vibe. When you get a good one they’re amazing though!

If the Yeti had a wobble you couldn’t live with then I see nothing wrong with sending the yo-yo back and reversing the transaction, but since you accidentally damaged the yo-yo I would say you’re stuck with it. You can expect the seller to take back a yo-yo that has been damaged by the buyer. That’s my opinion at least.

1 Like

Kinda seems so, I was sent a berzerker RX that was flat out stripped, I was able to get my money back from paypal by sending a paypal claim.

Don’t waste your time on USPS, but maybe if you did nothing to the yoyo to make it vibe and it came like that, yeah, I would try and get my money back. But like garret said, it is a finicky yoyo.

Wow I’m surprised. I thought if I slept on the issue I’d feel different, but I don’t.

This is me nit-picking but it isn’t vibe, it’s a strong wobble. Big difference in my eyes! People (mostly him) keep saying vibe as to downplay the situation. Yoyo’s with vibe are playable.

I only broke the bearing seat (using only my fingers) because I was trying to switch around the spacers trying to tune the intense wobble out of it. I kept trying to tune the yoyo because he didn’t act like he was going to let me send it back and reimburse me. The yoyo came totally unacceptable which I think is the real problem.

If I really am just stuck with it, that’s a real shame. Ill definitely view this place a little differently if he gets away with this. He got to unload a defunct yoyo onto me and I’m stuck with it because I damaged it while trying to fix it.

I have another yeti, I’m not inexperienced to the wonderful beast and it’s small issues (vibe, cutting strings). This new one isn’t a regular finicky yeti.

I understand it was damaged while you were trying to fix it and that it was an accident, but in the end you still damaged it. As a buyer, I wouldn’t expect the seller to refund a yo-yo that I had damaged. Even if there was an issue with wobble, once I damage the product that becomes irrelevant.

It sucks he sold you a yo-yo that didn’t arrive as described, i’m not trying to justify that. It’s just a shame it got damaged while you were trying to tune it. I’m not judge and jury or anything though, others may look at the situation differently. In the end you’re free to do whatever you want as far as the paypal claim.

He wasn’t going to refund me before I damaged it, which is why I continued on trying to fix it. To me that makes it a little bit different.

I do totally see what you are saying, I would have a different attitude if he would reply in a timely manner or if he had acted the slightest bit concerned when I initially told him I wanted a refund (before I broke it).

If he was going to reimburse me and then I broke it, I’d simply accept my loss.

Edit: I feel this isn’t going to end easily, it’s not worth my time. I’m ending the paypal dispute, but I still think he’s a shady dude and that I got the short end of the stick. He gets away with selling me a wobbly yeti in the first place :-\

Just a little note, you have still not posted the username of the person you had a deal with, if you like I could take a look at it and try and tune the vibe out, that is, if your willing to spend the $10 to ship it back and forth. XD

Otherwise you might have to chock it up as a loss. Out of my 93+ deals on here only 3 of them have gone sour, and two of them did not even leave feedback, so you have a pretty good chance of getting a good deal if you take the time to investigate the person and do your homework.

I’m including the yeti in a trade with other stuff, the guy knows all about the damage though, really not counting it as a yoyo that’s worth anything in the trade just throwing it in.

again though, there was no vibe, but strong wobble. I’m sort of nitpicking but it is a big difference haha. I’ve been tuning yoyo’s for a long time, it’s not a matter of me not being able to do it but I do appreciate the offer! After I fixed the bearing seat I was able to tune the wobble out of it.

Don’t sell stuff if you don’t have time to ship or deal with something.

He simply got very lucky I broke the yoyo.

Heh, I know the person i think.

Update-Colby doctored the hell out of the Yeti :wink:
It plays great. No wobble. One of my favorite throws for sure.