Am I being paranoid, or is this a legit concern?

LOL but I like He-Man and I’m not old

I know right. Whats old these days?? He-Man was awesome, still got the toys. Im 32 but i feel like im 16. Maybe 32 is old compared to the average age on this forum.

That’s the wisdom of the ages you are referring to.
Your day will come…

Especially if you use a pair of these:

Makes knot picking so darn easy. ;D

1 Like

That was why I was doing it, but tried yesterday to not unscrew/screw and used a paperclip to get most of those snags out. And your right, it was faster to pick em. I dont know why I never thought of that. haha, only thing I see is it could cause extra damage to the string, or maybe that casue im using a wrong tool.

What I always use :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe it’s because I started throwing before yoyos where screw apart, but I think it is simply the best function of any yoyo development ever. I find the bearing comes in second.

I screw apart my throws if I can’t get to it with my fingers. I don’t’ carry a pic around and it takes longer to get my knife off my hip and back on it then it does to unscrew the throw, and put it back together.
I have yoyo’s I have been unscrewing and screwing back together for so long. 1000’s apon 1000’s of deconstruction reconstructions. I screw my yoyo’s together very tight, and have yet to get a yoyo stripped. long axle, short axle, wide axle, skinny axle. Treat them all the same. No problem with stripping. Cross threading is the only way to strip these, the over tightening thing I think comes from people who have already cross threaded it, in this situation you will be able to over tighten it. Otherwise its just isn’t going to happen.

I am also 32, and do not feel “old” at all. I think times are changing like that though…

Back to the OP i suppose its faster to unscrew if your bearing stays hard inside the yoyo. like when youd need a tool to remove it. But those that do not hold their bearings hard like that it can take longer than picking. But the time that is needed to get to and use said tool may be slower in most cases. I keep my axles lubed as well for smooth entry and exit, and it glides apart so well, like magic. I guess it just depends on the situation. But i dont hesitate to take em apart. No fear. :slight_smile:

By the power of grey skull. If liking He-Man makes u old then I don’t wanna be young

1 Like

Anodizing a Ricochet at home, Yoyo Mythbusters… Gambit is my favorite forum member!

1 Like