Aluminum alloys used for yoyos

i just died

Is that an artists rendering or an actual yoyo?

I was wondering that myself.

welp I want to think itā€™s 3d butā€¦

I need that!

I have analyzed this closelyā€¦it most definitely is NOT an artists rendering.

agreed

Actually it could be a render. If you have played around with photo-realistic 3d rendering before, Iā€™m sure youā€™ve seen some unbelievable stuff. The lighting is somewhat odd, I donā€™t know if it was the camera or pseudo-ambient light.
This was what I got back then, Iā€™m not an expert on this but I can get it this far. Imagine what a skilled person can do.

Thatā€™s pretty cool what you did there.

Whether NeoHamsterā€™s was a render or not, he plans on making monometals out if that stuff and Iā€™m excited about it.

1 Like

Yeah, I hope he makes a monometal. Donā€™t get me wrong, the masamune and hideyoshi look great and the price isnā€™t badā€¦ until you take a good look at the exchange rateā€¦ yeah

Super pumped about this one though :slight_smile:

Yeahā€¦ The exchange rate is giving me grief tooā€¦ The Masamune is like, 300 AUDā€¦

320 CAD here

Actuality itā€™s about 320 here too.

Yeahā€¦your picture there is obviousley renderedā€¦you can tell easily by the mis-matched pixelation.

okayā€¦

Is very real, a nice yoyo made of Aluminum 7068, and will cost around 100! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

another here

1 Like

Is 7068 significantly stronger than 7075?

ā€œAn aluminum alloy with the strength of steelā€
"7068 alloy provides the highest mechanical strength of all
aluminium alloys and matching that of certain steels. This
outstanding alloy combines a yield strength of up to 700
MPa (up to over 30% greater than that of 7075 alloy) "

Source: #404 Error Page

It looks kind of similar to the Hideyoshi. Can you tell us its specs? This may be my first Sengoku if things go well.

1 Like