Alternative ways; split bottom mount

Can anyone tell me how to do the split bttom mount as I can’t somehow do it the original way…

Please reply I really need help.

There are no other ways to get into the Split Bottom Mount.  At least none that are easier than the original way.

This is really the first Rite of Passage trick, and it takes a bunch of practice.  Here’s another video
http://vimeo.com/1712949

1 Like

Here’s a video I found quickly by searching youtube.

Alternatives to the regular split bottom mount are generally more complicated and not worth the effort.

It’s something that just takes a lot of practice. Try moving to other types of tricks and coming back after you have more experience.

I remember there was a period of time when I was beginning, where I could absolutely not get a split bottom mount. I moved on to trapeze, double or nothings, and binds and eventually split bottom mounts were suddenly extremely easy. I really just recommend practicing more than anything.

1 Like

weill i only know one way really:
Go into a brain twister mount. if you don’t know how to do it here’s the video that they show here at yoyoexpert: http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/020-intermediate-brain-twister.html
ok you’re in a brain twister mount. ok instead of puching in for the rolls, open the loop that you have and stick your throw hand pointer finger into the loop. let go of the loop with your non throw hand. now you hould have a loop over your throwhand pointer finger. pull on the string that is closest to you(it should be the 1st string of the loop that’s aroung you throw hand pointerfinger) the yoyo will raise itself up and land down on a string. Yay!! you’re in split bottom mount!!! you can go to the tricks from there. but you should really consider learning the original way. hope i helped everyone who reads this!!!

[quote=“ElendilAndurilz,post:3,topic:6125”]
Here’s a video I found quickly by searching youtube.

well my way is better cuz there’s really no messing around with landing it weirdly.  also following it in the video is hard cuz of the bad quality.  the videos instructions also lead you to land it with one string wrapped around your finger which is annoying

Hate to disagree with you but there are, land a under mount put your throw hand index fingure in the loop and take your left hand out of it. know that your holding it with your throw hand take your nonthrow hands index fingure and put it in the string loop in front of the one your fingure in and raise it up. BAM split bottom mount!!! ;D
Try doing it without the yoyo spining then move up to a spinning yoyo.

Sorry for the misspelled words FIXED!!! :wink:

Hate to disagree with you but there are, land a under mount put your throw hand index fingure in the loop and take your left hand out of it. know that your holding it wuth your throw hand take your nonthrow hands index fingure and put it in the string loop in front of the one yor fingures in and raise it up. BAM split bottom mount!!! ;D
Try doing it without the yoyo spining then move up to a spinning yoyo.
[/quote]
i think this way is harder than the way i explained because bionic will probably have some trouble landing the under mount.

Oh yeah, an Under Mount is totally easy for someone who is having trouble with Spilt Bottom Mount.
//End sarcasm, lol

An Under Mount requires a very similar motion to the Split Bottom Mount, except it takes a bit more precision to land into it.  If you can’t hit a SBM, I doubt an UM would be easier.

OHHH SORRY. :stuck_out_tongue:
I didn’t know his skill level :slight_smile:

Well all I can say is practice PRACTICE PRACTICE
;D

1 Like

Yeah practics is all you really need good luck on learning it though, hope you come far.

Please stop double posting. Thanks guys.

do a 1.5 mount and then turn your body and flip your non throw finger
you can get it

Again, it defeats the purpose of offering alternative ways when the things you suggest are more difficult than the trick in question.

true but it is alternative

But what would the point of doing something harder if you can’t even do the simple stuff?

“Hey I just started yoyoing. How do you do ladder escape?”

(Not to sound mean)

sorry good point

I would just learn the split bottom mount, eventually it will work out better. In a contest they will not except “variations.” It is like avoiding the problem rather than fixing it. Such as Buying a Kk bearing because you have a bad throw. I would just practice.

The one thing that helped me… As you are swinging the yoyo back to loop it around your throw hand pointer curl your middle finger in and it will help keep the string out of the way…

And practice