All FH's mods and paints thread

Post pics I wana see that!

C’mon Keep the FH’s coming!!

+1, the FH2 is awesome to me because it’s the closest thing to a modern day Bee GT that actually plays well both responsive and unresponsive. Love the dyed LB FH2s you did for YYN back in 2010, it’s actually all I’ve been throwing lately. I enjoy the stock ones with just one pad and a clean bearing too, but you’re right, the LB just makes it a really solid throw.

Wish I had picked up one of your amazing FHZs back when you were super active, sad to say the only 2 FHZs I own/have owned are regular stock ones so I’ve yet to experience what the FHZ can really do.

Bumping a year old thread, but whatever.

Turned the old rusty lathe on today, and made this.

LB FHZ Painted sparkle caps

Very classy. My FHZ collection is slowly dwindling. Only 5 left and hoping to sell 2 still…all I’ll have left is a clear Dave’s Skill Toys, a greyish one I dyed and an edge glow lightup. Still have a few 2010 FH2s including one of your LB SPR ones from YYN in 2010, had 4 but found a guy who had been searching for them for ages so I let 3 of them go.

Is YYN down for good? Makes me sad to think that the 888 history, Freehand/CLYW/other show off threads may be gone forever. So many cool pics from 2007-2010 with stuff you rarely see any more. Guys bummed that the only CLYWs they own are a couple now impossible to find Peaks, FHZs that are on the endangered species list and rapidly approaching extinction, obscure Project releases and so much more.

I know a couple of the threads were archived by kyo so he may still have them

I coped over the peak history thread luckily

Thanks for coming back :wink:

Like you said FHZs are a “dieing breed” even trying to fine people selling them on the BST is hard.

I can’t Find a picture of it now but there was an amazing YYN FHZ that had white delrin rims; there was also a few undersized FHZs floating around, wish I could have picked either of them up when I had the chance.

Found the YYN delrin one,

Wow thats sick^

Yeah, I wish I could get that or something similar to that.

Quick question :

If I have loose caps on a FHZ, what are some good ways to make them tighter? I was thinking super glue under the cap, but idk.

Flowable, just like the stuff you use for response.

Word? Won’t that add weight? Why isn’t super glue viable?

Just use a couple of small drops around the edges. Silicone or super glue will work. remember, small drop is key.

Oh, cool. I’ll go with superglue I suppose. I’ll also keep you guys posted w/ the results

That’s one of mine, I made that for someone on YYN about 3-4 years ago I forget who tho

1 Like

Does this count as a FH mod ;D

About to start my first paint job in a minute, got a clear throw monkey gonna do orange/purple/green splashy thing with a white background. Pics when it’s done!

Well superglue would work, but it would be more permanent.