Adventures in Cooking

Oh WoW. Sounds great. I thought they were tortilla chips! :sweat_smile:. No offense intended!

2 Likes

And none taken Sir. It’s pretty tasty.

2 Likes

I do this with chicken skin sometimes, but fried usually. Dust with some seasoning or just salt/pepper and use it like croutons or fried wonton noodles.

4 Likes

I get that when I grill a whole chicken. My grand daughters fights me for it.

Just had some tonite. Grilled up a nice chunk if salmon for supper.

3 Likes

Excellent!

Friends on Adak used to send the big gallon zip lock bags full of fresh caught and smoked flaked salmon. I’ve eaten a whole bag in a day just snacking with very little help from co-workers. :slight_smile:

This is the type of breakfast you need a nap after.

5 Likes

Good ol’ eggs:

With home made french bread.

3 Likes

Looks great! Fresh bread too and what looks like a nice coffee!

I’m sure I posted it before, but we’ve gotten hooked on these eggs when we want scrambled, but I don’t use the finishing crème fraîche. The light seasoning at the end really brings out the fresh egg flavor.

3 Likes

Hmmmm, that’s neat, I will try that sometime.

2 Likes

I wish I was better at making sausage gravy. Problem is I only make it maybe twice a year. Good gravy is a dish that requires practice. My dad made really good gravy but he made it at least twice a week. The only comparable gravy I have found was at the Pioneer Woman’s Mercantile. I like darker sausage gravy like in beherenow’s picture. No white sausage gravy for me.

2 Likes

Healthy choice?

My first time eating asparagus:

8 Likes

Don’t be alarmed when you smell your pee later!!!

5 Likes

Hmmmm… Hahahahaha so there is a ‘side-effect’ good to know, thanks for sharing. Hahahah

2 Likes

Mines standard and pretty simple but not healthy. Cook sausage and add red pepper flakes if you want it hotter, add 2-3 tbls of butter (I prefer Kerry gold or Plugra unsalted, great butters!) to un-drained sausage. Melt and then add 2-3 tbls of ap flour. Cook for 3-4 minutes to cook out the flour flavor. Have some preheated buttermilk, D milk, or cream ready. Or a mix of those. I usually use heavy cream and D milk. Add in a little at a time while cooking. You can add cold but use smaller amounts or it will clump until heated again.
Season with salt and pepper. If I get it too thick I’ll use water to thin it out while seasoning. If the sausage was mild try adding some sage or poultry seasoning if the gravy isn’t where you want it. We love black pepper so that strong with the sausage is what we shoot for.

This is an easy and good way to try it!

3 Likes

Green garlic sauce coming up!

8 Likes

Brazilian Pinion my friends

5 stars

4 Likes

Had to read up on them. Extra large pine nuts! Italians say there would be no pesto without them. :slight_smile:

I like a walnut pesto too. Goes great as the sauce on a roasted chicken & roasted red pepper pizza if you aren’t in the mood for the Margherita.

Edit:

Frozen roasted sweet potatoes! If you like sweet potatoes you have to try this! So easy and tasty.

5 Likes

Omuraissu :star_struck:

5 Likes

Oww boy. Following the japanese line and after seeing:

Hinemosu
Turning Point - Takeshi Matsuura Signature Yoyo

It gave me the pump I needed to make Inarisushi:

6 Likes

Some deep fried whole cornish hens cut in half. Used some of this stuff - Evercrisp. Keeps fried food crispy.

5 Likes